Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: I better post this or else skii's will....

Registered
    Mar 2004

I better post this or else skii's will....

a carpetbagger smashed his car, but wasn't drinking

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...dy-crash_x.htm
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner
    a carpetbagger smashed his car, but wasn't drinking

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...dy-crash_x.htm

And to think I went back to the hotel at 1:00AM and missed it.....
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2001
    "No sobriety tests were conducted" Oh come on! I may be a bit of a leftyl, but this seems pretty wierd.

Of course, this kind of stuff isn't left versus right. Those who are part of our elite are of course treated differently than us plebes.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Yea... I took some sleep medication last night. I was watching classic hockey on OLN and taking my “Bells Porter” sleep meds. I was so worried about not sleeping, I took two!

All I can say is, like father, like son! At least his kid did not slash someone’s tires.
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    "No sobriety tests were conducted" Oh come on! I may be a bit of a leftyl, but this seems pretty wierd.

Of course, this kind of stuff isn't left versus right. Those who are part of our elite are of course treated differently than us plebes.
    I agree it's appalling. If one has money in this country, they're subject to a different 'law'.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    The thing to remember here is that it was the Capitol Police that were at the scene.....funded directly by congress. There was never a chance he was going to get charged. Had it been the DC Police, we'd be hearing a different story this morning.

Patches is such an idiot. So's his father.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

"Do you know who I am?"

This is all over the local airwaves here in Boston, as "Patches" has a notorious reputation in these parts.

What bothers me is the lack of a field sobriety test. Not because he's a Kennedy and should have special treatment but because in the last 20 years the issue of driving under the influence has gone from being a mother's crusade to a push for awareness on a national level. We're all familiar with the tragedies of lost family and friends from drivers who are DUI. This could have been worse had a pedestrian or another vehicle been involved.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, It wasn't that long ago when the cops did provide this sort of service for well-known persons, such as senators or congressmen who had a few too many at their favorite Hill watering hole or who were stopped for a traffic violation only to be discovered with a 'woman, not his wife' in the vehicle. Arrangements were quietly made and no one was the wiser. In Patches' case, though, giving a statement and then adding an addendum which only dangles more details for the press is not good. They smell blood in the water now. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by BeansandCod
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment, It wasn't that long ago when the cops did provide this sort of service for well-known persons, such as senators or congressmen who had a few too many at their favorite Hill watering hole or who were stopped for a traffic violation only to be discovered with a 'woman, not his wife' in the vehicle. Arrangements were quietly made and no one was the wiser. In Patches' case, though, giving a statement and then adding an addendum which only dangles more details for the press is not good. They smell blood in the water now. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.
    We had a local example of this a few years back, actually. A local politican who saw the sobreity checkpoint, pulled off into a nearby subdivision, got out of his car and started walking.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    http://us.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/0...ent/index.html

I think there's bigger stuff going on in the Beltway for CNN to be reporting on -

Yes, this guy has always been a brat as I remember seeing him at parties in Newport years back, and he may have been out partying and not as he says; but again, there's bigger things to go after imho

not that I support DWI and OUI, it's just odd how this is the top story

the CIA Director just resigned, so that's a little more important to me right now -

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Divertor!

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian

I think there's bigger stuff going on in the Beltway for CNN to be reporting on
    There is, but this will give the pundits something to beat into the ground, and distract people from looking at those more pressing issues.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian

I think there's bigger stuff going on in the Beltway for CNN to be reporting on -

Yes, this guy has always been a brat as I remember seeing him at parties in Newport years back, and he may have been out partying and not as he says; but again, there's bigger things to go after imho

not that I support DWI and OUI, it's just odd how this is the top story

the CIA Director just resigned, so that's a little more important to me right now -
    Quote Originally posted by Patrick Kennedy
    "At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol,"
    Wait a second... didn’t another democrat say something along the lines of “At no time did I have sexual relations with that woman!” we all know now how that turned out...

I say check his liver... if it is still there, he had to have been adopted!
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    do you have any idea how many somewhat functioning alcoholics there are in Washington? if they start pointing fingers, wow, the room gets cleared and likely not replaced

which is the same thing I said about Clinton fooling around - in poor taste, you bet, but the Congressional floor would be cleared out if we got rid of everyone that did that and the seats would be hard to fill - and many CEO's of major corporations too

these guys are jerks for sure in realtime - but they get elected and they do their job just like all the other functioning alcoholics and people who cheat on their spouses do in the public and private sector

i think breaking the public trust of the Bush Admin far outweighs those personal bad decisions from these guys (Kennedy and Clinton) - see front page of last Sunday's Boston Globe which outlined every federal law that Bush has broken thus far - now that's scary stuff, imho

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    There is, but this will give the pundits something to beat into the ground, and distract people from looking at those more pressing issues.
    Funny, I was talking to my kids the other day (about something having nothing to do with politics) and remarked on how powerless people who don't really want to do anything effective but are frustrated will often go looking for some relatively minor BS complaint to focus their anger and frustration on so they don't have to deal with the real problems.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Why can't I post?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Mar 2007, 12:05 AM
  2. Cannot post
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Jul 2005, 10:39 AM
  3. How do I post a pic?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help