Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Confession Time, Part III

  1. #1
          Downtown's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Under a pile of back issue Plannings
    Posts
    3,174

    Confession Time, Part III

    I'm feeling really guilty about something and need to confess.

    I was running a 5K on Sunday, and was being persistently dogged by an 11 y.o. clomper (the kind of runner that runs HEAVY). He'd sprint for a little while, pass me, tire himself out and then walk. and then CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP, he'd come up from behind, pass, tire himself out and walk, fall behind, and repeat. It was annoying, but at least the kid was out doing it.

    Just past the 2 mi. point, a 60 something Grumpy Old Man, who was running at my pace, commented loudly "Man, I hate that kid." and I'm pretty sure the kid heard him. I REALLY should have said something instead of just sending Grumpy Old Man an annoyed look. I think the kid stopped running. I feel really really terrible about it.

    Someone give me a penance to balance my karma back out.

  2. #2
    Cyburbian jmf's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    in limbo
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    Someone give me a penance to balance my karma back out.
    Your penance shall be that soon you will be playing referee to a 4 year and two 2 year olds who you are related to you rather than to an 11 year old and a silly 60 something year old who you may never see again.

    Sometimes you just have to pick you battles and that day that just wasn't one of them.

  3. #3
          Downtown's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Under a pile of back issue Plannings
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally posted by jmf
    Your penance shall be that soon you will be playing referee to a 4 year and two 2 year olds who you are related to you rather than to an 11 year old and a silly 60 something year old who you may never see again.

    Sometimes you just have to pick you battles and that day that just wasn't one of them.
    ok. i feel a little bit better. and a little bit worse, contemplating the referee bit.....

  4. #4
    Cyburbian jmf's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    in limbo
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    ok. i feel a little bit better. and a little bit worse, contemplating the referee bit.....
    I didn't mean to make you feel worse but, man, lately I could care less about what other people do. I just am happy to keep Isabelle on an even keel. It's been hard lately, I'm not sure how many teeth are coming in right now but she is miserable. Thank goodness for Camilia!

    I just think you are amazing for having three and still having time to post here and otherwise function as a sane member of society. I know with me having just one, things were touch and go there for a while!

  5. #5
          Downtown's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Under a pile of back issue Plannings
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally posted by jmf
    I just think you are amazing for having three and still having time to post here and otherwise function as a sane member of society. I know with me having just one, things were touch and go there for a while!
    where do you think i've been for 10 months? teetering on the verge of insanity, that's where.

    really though - its starting to work out. but you're right about teething being a bitch. every day i think "well, brae HAS to cut one of those teeth tomorrow, his gums can't possibly get any more swollen." and then his gums prove me wrong the next day.

    Wow. How old is Isabelle now?

  6. #6
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    I have done 2 bad things this week. There was a 3-car wreck in front of me on the way to work Wednesday and I just moved into the next lane and continued on to work. NOT serious, low speed, and other people were already stopping, and it was under a freeway so not any real place to pull off. But, still, I was bad.

    Then last night looking at store flyers I told my son to never get sucked in by girlfriends insisting on expensive gifts of jewelry for every occasion. "You'll be in debt to your eyeballs, and jewelry is pretty much useless". (Well, I just have a few things I really like and wear all the time). Then I remembered I'd seen his Mother's Day gift to me in his underwear drawer. It's a little box, like maybe jewelry? Rats. So I had to amend my statement to say that small pieces of jewelry with sentimental signifigance are different. Whew.

  7. #7
    Cyburbian jmf's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    in limbo
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    Wow. How old is Isabelle now?
    She is 20 months. She is just getting her cuspids/canines (all four at once)... she has always been late getting teeth and it has always caused her a lot pain.

  8. #8
          Downtown's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Under a pile of back issue Plannings
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Then last night looking at store flyers I told my son to never get sucked in by girlfriends insisting on expensive gifts of jewelry for every occasion. "You'll be in debt to your eyeballs, and jewelry is pretty much useless". (Well, I just have a few things I really like and wear all the time). Then I remembered I'd seen his Mother's Day gift to me in his underwear drawer. It's a little box, like maybe jewelry? Rats. So I had to amend my statement to say that small pieces of jewelry with sentimental signifigance are different. Whew.
    Did you get a small piece of jewelry with sentimental signifigance for mother's day?

  9. #9
    Cyburbian Queen B's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2003
    Location
    "Somewhere in the middle"
    Posts
    3,160
    I have to run a huge meeting tonight and will be unable to go to King B's oldest daughters 8th grade graduation. As a mom I feel there is NO reason not to attend, as the zoning administrator I have a meeting and no way out. HUGE agenda. So my confession is that i am really mad cause I didn't get told sooner that this was coming up. If I had been told I could have adjusted the meeting. Hearing about it last week was too late. I just could not believe King B didn't realize there was a graduation. He works at that school for god sake...
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Confession time, Part II
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 459
    Last post: 25 Jul 2014, 9:00 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 29 Aug 2008, 10:23 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jul 2008, 6:20 PM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last post: 18 Jun 2003, 11:49 AM
  5. Confession time....
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 87
    Last post: 17 Feb 2003, 7:26 AM