Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Separation between driveways in a village area

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

Separation between driveways in a village area

I did a search and found a slightly similar question and did look at some street design models in Oregon that were helpful,

but I'm trying to find a non-suburban, more urban village standard for distance between curb cuts/driveways?

does anyone with a small but packed downtown residential area (5,000 SF min lot size) have anything I can steal?

my requirements are basically AASHTO/suburban America standards that really don't work in my town

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian
    but I'm trying to find a non-suburban, more urban village standard for distance between curb cuts/driveways?
    How about NO driveways? On-street parking and/or alley access only.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

tilt-tilt

hey come on, I like working here...

Iowa State has a great Access Managment toolkit that can be accessed here

One specific to driveway spacing is here

Might be a good starting point. Most any resources that you can find relating to the concept of Access Management should discuss driveway spacing to some degree.

The urban based information would be appropriate for your village setting, but i'll look around and see if I can find something specific from this area.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Hope this helps.

- No part of any driveway curbline oepning may be located within 5 feet of a side property line, however, upon application to the site plan committee and upon approval of the design by the engineer, the committee may permit a driveway serving two or more adjacent sites to be located on or within 5 feet of a side property line bewtween adjacent sites.

also,

- Where two or more drivways connect a single site to any one County Road, a minimum clear distance of 25 feet measured along the right of way shall seperate the closest two edges of any two such driveways.
    @GigCityPlanner

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 25
    Last post: 23 Nov 2011, 11:06 PM
  2. Pervious driveways
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 07 Aug 2006, 9:40 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 19 May 2006, 8:34 PM
  4. Replies: 14