Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Welcome to Baltimore

Registered
    Oct 2001

Welcome to Baltimore

Quote Originally posted by WBAL
    BALTIMORE -- Baltimore City police arrested a Virginia couple over the weekend after they asked an officer for directions.

WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .

"In jail for eight hours -- sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet," Kelly said.

"It was a nightmare," Brook said. "I was in there thinking I was just dreaming and waiting to wake up."

Collins reported it was a nightmare ending to a nearly perfect day. He said the couple went to a company picnic and watched the Orioles beat Kansas City. It was their first trip to Camden Yards and asked two people for directions to Interstate 95 South when they left....
    Read the rest of the story here

Does anyone else get the feeling that perhaps these people - if they are telling the truth - may be entitled to vast sums of money from the coffers of Baltimore City Hall? I know this is a post with very little original text on my part, but I hope the MODS will indulge me because there really is not much else to say but, "WTF?"

I have a one word commentary....

PIGS

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Totally agree with el Gaupo.....WTF?

It really bugs me to read stories like this (if true). Absorbing these stories puts so many people in a frame of mind that ALL officers of the law are corrupt, heartless, or ruthless. We know they are not.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    wtf? I'd be interested in hearing the cop's side of this story. I can't even begin to guess at what was going thru her mind.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Baltimore MD
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 01 May 2012, 12:12 AM
  2. I'm Emma from Baltimore
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 03 Aug 2010, 4:51 PM
  3. Hello from Baltimore
    Introduce Yourself