Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Battlecry: The War is Coming

Registered
    Oct 2001

Battlecry: The War is Coming

Yep, we infidels are scheduled to be punished. The Dominioists are a wacky fringe, you say? Well, the Battlecry tour cost millions, and there are armies out there willing to remake America in the image of their god.

And, the training will start young. Via Pharyngula:

Are you ready for the hot new game of the 2006 Christmas season, Left Behind: Eternal Forces?

Imagine: you are a foot soldier in a paramilitary group whose purpose is to remake America as a Christian theocracy, and establish its worldly vision of the dominion of Christ over all aspects of life. You are issued high-tech military weaponry, and instructed to engage the infidel on the streets of New York City. You are on a mission - both a religious mission and a military mission -- to convert or kill Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays, and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state - especially moderate, mainstream Christians. Your mission is "to conduct physical and spiritual warfare"; all who resist must be taken out with extreme prejudice. You have never felt so powerful, so driven by a purpose: you are 13 years old. You are playing a real-time strategy video game whose creators are linked to the empire of mega-church pastor Rick Warren, best selling author of The Purpose Driven Life.
    Maybe Australia wouldn't be so bad after all???

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Maybe Australia wouldn't be so bad after all???
    I bet you would hate the heat.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    I bet you would hate the heat.

Ah, but I will be moving to Australia only after my Super Lotto win, so I would be living in Point Piper or Double Bay or similar oceanfront Sydney suburbs, so....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Ah, but I will be moving to Australia only after my Super Lotto win, so I would be living in Point Piper or Double Bay or similar oceanfront Sydney suburbs, so....
    Yeah, and after I win the super lotto...oh, wait, that should be a different thread.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nice preview at eurogamer. Looks like the return of Gog and Magog. Can't wait for the end of the millenium - I know I won't be raptured.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Coming Soon to an FAC Near You!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 20 Nov 2008, 12:28 PM
  2. Interview coming up
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Jul 2008, 11:38 AM
  3. The move is coming
    Friday Afternoon Club