Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: AIB Greatest Planner -- Who is the greatest accountant ever?

Registered
    Feb 2000

AIB Greatest Planner -- Who is the greatest accountant ever?

Michaelski's "Greatest Planner" thread got me to thinking about my first field of study and got me to wondering... Who is the greatest accountant of all time? I'm sure the American Accounting Association has had an extensive debate over this question.

I mean who was the accountant that perfected the abacus? Who was the first to offer electronic tax filing? Who determined that a solid double line to be under the grand total? Who decided that my check book should always be described as "in the red" when it could have been any color? Who designed the tax forms for ease of use? Who proofreads the GAPAs? Who among these great contributors should be crowned the "Greatest Accountant of All Time"?
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Michaelski's "Greatest Planner" thread got me to thinking about my first field of study and got me to wondering... Who is the greatest accountant of all time? I'm sure the American Accounting Association has had an extensive debate over this question.

I mean who was the accountant that perfected the abacus? Who was the first to offer electronic tax filing? Who determined that a solid double line to be under the grand total? Who decided that my check book should always be described as "in the red" when it could have been any color? Who designed the tax forms for ease of use? Who proofreads the GAPAs? Who among these great contributors should be crowned the "Greatest Accountant of All Time"?
    Moderator note:
    I don't think so. Thread closed.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 10 Dec 2012, 1:24 PM
  2. The Greatest [Whatever] Ever
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 09 Feb 2009, 10:00 PM
  3. The Greatest Philanthropist Ever?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 27 Jun 2006, 10:47 AM