Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Help!! MLA application....transcript dilemma!!

Registered
    Apr 2006

Help!! MLA application....transcript dilemma!!

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of applying to an MLA grad program and I have a dilemma in regards to obtaining an official transcript from ONE of the schools I attended prior to earning my BS degree.

Aside from my degree-granting university, I attended a propriety business institute (non-accredited) and had a 4.0 gpa. However, I was unable to finish the diploma program due to financial aid issues--the school failed to properly estimate and certify financial aid amounts. So, I could not afford to finish the program and had to withdraw. Now, I owe the school a balance and will not be able to obtain an official transcript for the courses I completed. I am aware that I am not the only former student with the same issue.

Although, I earned a BS and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.9 gpa from an accredited university, I am concerned that not being able to obtain the transcript from the non-accredited institute will affect my chances of admission. Although, only 2 credits from that school were applied towards my bachelor's degree, I am afraid that omitting that school in my application will ruin my chances of being admitted. The grad school applications specifically state that transcripts from ALL colleges attended must be submitted.

Please help!! I don't know what to do?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    English Ivy

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Call the admissions offices at the schools you are applying to and ask them what they think. It may not be a problem for you because you only had two credits from the school you can't get the transcript from applied to your degree. Also since it is not an accredited school it might not matter anyways.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Hi kjelsadek,

Thanks for the quick response. I have sent an e-mail to the graduate program advisor and explained the situation as you suggested. I am eagerly waiting for a reply.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

English Ivy

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Job dilemma
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 09 Jan 2012, 12:34 PM
  2. My Dilemma
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 Mar 2007, 9:18 AM