Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: TV show

     
    Registered
    May 2006

TV show

So I sit at home a lot in the middle of the day because school is over and work hasn't started, and i watch a lot of TV, and I came up with an idea for a TV show.

First of all, it would be a very large cast. Talking at lest 20 central characters and 100's of extra's. I'm talking about Desperate Housewives meets the Truman Show. Everyone loves gossip about their neighborhood, but the crap that goes down on DH is rediculous, so why not make a fake realistic hood where more or less real things happen. Combine the most entertaining but realistic aspects of all the shows on TV. High School Drama being observed by parents who are arguing over property lines with their neighbor who just got fired by a boss who got in a car accident hitting a teacher who has to deal with the asshole kids at the highschool where all the drama goes down. Just an Idea, add on?

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Opening Credits

Camera: View of Chicago skyline, from the air, a few miles out over Lake Michigan. (Soft piano music.)

Camera: Camera moves in to the Ohio Street Beach area and focuses on "Butch", a young lifeguard. (Beach Boys music morphs in.)

Camera: Moves away from Butch and the lens travels a couple city blocks in and away from the lake. Camera focuses on "Meghan", about 35 and trying to look younger (in her dress style). She is exiting a glass tower. (Music changes to classic rock and roll, "Summer In the City" by The Luvin' Spoonful.)

Camera: Pans away from Meghan and follows a yellow taxicab as it meanders the streets to and through downtown Chicago. (Music morphs into "Chicago, My Kind Of Town".) The taxi continues down Michigan Avenue, catching glimpses of Soldier Field, the Field Museum, etc. The taxi turns away from the lake and moves into an older neighborhood.

Camera: Pans into the taxi. "Renardo" is driving and smoking a cigarette. The camera catches a glimpse of the stack of textbooks on his passenger seat. (Music changes again, into urban hip hop.) Renardo pulls up to an older apartment house. He beeps his horn and while he is still beeping the horn "Michael" exits the building. He is carrying a briefcase and gets into the cab. The cab drives past scores of small houses, older apartment buildings, and continues past an older high school building.

Camera: The taxi leaves the camera's view and the camera turns to the high school. Scores of school kids are exiting the building. (Music changes again, to "Different Drum" by Linda Ronstadt.) "Jams" and "Kell" (boy and girl) are arguing as they walk away from the school.

Camera: Enters the school, going past countless kids closing lockers, talking with each other, etc. (Music changes again, to more urban hip hop.)

Camera: Moves into an administrative office and focuses on "Mr. Barrington". He is on the phone. (Music fades.) He says, "I don't give a damn about your property lines!" and he slams the receiver down.

The TV image begins to show, in quick flashes, Butch, Meghan, Renardo, Michael, Jams, Kell, and Mr. Barrington. All of the different types of music quickly fade in and out, in time with the images....then out of sync, with the music not matching the originally-seen character. The music morphs into city noise.

The title of the exciting new TV show comes into view....."Property Lines".

(In the corner of the screen is the small notice, "A Q-M Production". )

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

     
    Registered
    May 2006
    I like it, though when he gets in the cab, or rather onto a commuter train, the train should go past Comiskey Park (I refuse to use those other words) where it zooms to two kids in South Side High School Sweatshirts watching a game who then get a phone call from someone and in each eposode it would be different (like the simpsons couch at the begining of each episode)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by burnham follower
    I'm talking about Desperate Housewives meets the Truman Show.
    So...where's the sub-plot about the two desperate planners meeting in Seaside?

     
    Registered
    May 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Obvisouly Mehgan is a planner and someone has a vacation home in the Redneck Riv. and she goes with them and escapes to Seaside

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Seaside? I thought it was Apalachiola, Wewahitchka, or Port St. Joe?

I'm still looking forward to Cedar Key.

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by burnham follower
    Obvisouly Mehgan is a planner and someone has a vacation home in the Redneck Riv. and she goes with them and escapes to Seaside
    Subplot: Meghan IS a planner. She is just ending a bad long-distance relationship with another planner (who moved to Kansas ). To cool her nerves she decides to fly down to the aforementioned "Redneck Riviera" and visit Seaside. In a local tavern she meets "Jack" and "Dess", also planners. They strike up a friendship that will, in later episodes, lead to Jack and Dess visiting Chicago (with a side trip to see the wonders of Kalamazoo, MI).

While they are enjoying each other's new friendship in the Seaside tavern, a voice can be occasionally heard from the far end of the bar. "Sabres! Dang it! We had 'em! We had 'em!"

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

     
    Registered
    May 2006
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Seaside? I thought it was Apalachiola, Wewahitchka, or Port St. Joe?

I'm still looking forward to Cedar Key.
    Seaside is the vacation spot. It needs to be in a city neighborhood to offer plenty of places to go, also adds a unifieing force to Rivalries with other neighborhoods and have an ethnic style to it maybe (south side Irish if it's Chicago)

Registered
    May 2003
    Subplot: Butch is not at the beach on his lifeguard platform. He is attending the funeral, in a north side church, of his Grandmother. While talking to relatives he learns that he is going to inherit a substantial amount of money.

This subplot will later include Butch moving from his Milton Street apartment (near Wrigley Field) to the same glass tower that (planner) Meghan lives in.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 35
    Last post: 06 Jan 2010, 4:20 PM
  2. Show us your 'top!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 99
    Last post: 19 Sep 2008, 5:56 PM
  3. Reality Show
    Friday Afternoon Club