Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: APA audioconferences

Registered
    Aug 2001

APA audioconferences

Anyone participate in yesterday's The Housing Plan audioconference? Was it any good? I really wanted to see it, but couldn't.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    No love for the APA, eh?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Our state association offers these audio conferences to our members. We're lucky to get 2 or 3 people to show up.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I really don't get much out of an audioconference, either. They're informative, but it seems like when you're there in person, the information presented sinks in better. Planners tend to be spatially and visually oriented people, and I think we have to "be there" to understand - even if it really doesn't seem necessary.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Many are of marginal value. The one on Urban Design and Graphics was good. We invite all our boards and commissions and several people come, if not just for the informal conversation afterward, without an audience (although they are public meetings).

+ Reply to thread