Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Book review opportunity POSTCOLONIAL DUBLIN: Imperial Legacies and the Built Environ

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Book review opportunity POSTCOLONIAL DUBLIN: Imperial Legacies and the Built Environ

From time to time, I'll get notices offering review copies of planning and urbanism-related books. Here's the most recent that arrived. If you're interested in a copy of this book for a review on Cyburbia, please drop me a line.

A groundbreaking examination of how history and politics can change the face of a city.

Please let me know if you'd like a review copy.

POSTCOLONIAL DUBLIN: Imperial Legacies and the Built Environment
    Andrew Kincaid
    University of Minnesota Press | 296 pages | 2006
    ISBN 0-8166-4345-8 | hardcover | $75.00
    ISBN 0-8166-4346-6 | paperback | $25.00

Postcolonial Dublin shows how perpetrators of colonialism in Ireland have made use of urban planning and architecture to underscore and legitimate ideologies. Looking at objects such as Londonderry's Market House, Patrick Abercrombie's Dublin of the Future, and the urban renewal project of today's Temple Bar, Andrew Kincaid highlights Ireland's colonial history and the significance of architecture in the evolution of national identity.

³An important, even provocative, work.² ‹Seamus Deane

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the book¹s webpage:
    http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/K/ki...tcolonial.html

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Hi Dan,

I would be very happy to review this book if it is still available. I sent you an email with my details but I am not sure whether you got it or not. I can send them on to you again if needs be

Best Wishes,

Phil

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Book list and review
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Jun 2010, 10:18 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 31 Jul 2007, 9:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 17 May 2007, 10:52 PM