Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Counting the days....

Counting the days....

Anyone else struggling through this post-admissions lull. I'm, honestly, about to rip my hair out. There has to be a way to make the time pass by. To make the last 5 weeks of work seem like blur. I know, I know, once I'm back in school I'll miss the free nights, but still I've taken three years to figure out what it is I want to do and now I'm more ready than ever to work my tail off to get there....

Tell me I'm not the only one.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    i've already started reading my textbooks and packets for the fall. the fact that i'm not moving has really kept this from becoming an anxious time. i would be CRAZY anxious if i was moving to go to school somewhere else. i am trying to spend lots of time with my wife and son before i disappear into the working/school hysteria that will be my life. do things now that you will not have time to do later.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Yeah....I'm pretty much feeling the same way. I suppose it is due to the fact that last year I took 21 credit hours + 1 CLEP in the Fall and 24 credit hours + 1 CLEP in the Spring and worked about 30 hours a week on top of it. It has been very eerie to not be in classes and working constantly on research or projects and to be home by 6pm.

I've been working as an intern at the planning department where I went to school, but they often don't have much work for me to do so I get farmed out to whoever needs writing and graphics projects done. I don't have a booklist yet for my classes but I've been busy reading things I found interesting but never had the time all last year. Also I'm in the process of working out a dual masters program in Planning and Public Policy
    since that is more in the direction I want to go.

At least I have a move date now....August 15th, but school doesn't start until Sept. 6th.

Cheers!
    Kim
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. School Days, Golden Rule Days
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 28 Feb 2011, 11:42 AM
  2. Transit O-D counting methodologies
    Rural and Small Town Planning
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 19 Jan 2011, 1:34 PM
  3. Counting Park Users
    Economic and Community Development