Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: AICP study materials available

Registered
    Aug 2004

AICP study materials available

I am packing up to move, and have a couple of AICP study materials that I will either throw away, or give away to someone who wants them. I passed the test in 04, and I've slowly been giving the materials away (mostly to Half-Priced Books) rather than move them. All I have left are available to whoever wants them.

1) 2004 AICP Chapter Presidents Council Study Manual. I used it as the base to figure out what areas I needed to focus on, and also created flash cards from the info inside.
    2) Growth Management Principles & Practices, from APA. Previously used for a grad class, it has a lot of useful info.
    3) Printed from on line, the APA Policy Guide on Energy, and the Study Manual by Topics for AICP Candidates. The Study Manual supplied a lot of info for flash cards.

Just a note to those of you taking the test this year - be sure to bone up on the ethics code. There's always a couple or more questions on it, and if you're familiar with it, they are easy points.

Just PM me with your mailing address, and I'll send this stuff your way.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2004
    OK, everyone, we have a winner. I am mailing the materials Wednesday.

Good luck to all who are studying for the test - it's never too early to get started!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 08 Feb 2014, 12:54 PM
  2. AICP study materials??
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Jan 2009, 11:01 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Oct 2007, 4:17 PM
  4. AICP study materials for November 06 test.
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 14 Nov 2006, 2:56 AM