3 5.00%
  • Other...explain

8 13.33%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 4, 2006

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    As for me, I will be working on Monday only because I am taking time off in the next few weeks to move. Maister or Michaelskis, anything going on up in that area as far as fireworks or anything?
    Yes, we have a light show. Best place to see them would be the on the top of the parking garage next to the Radison. From that point, you can see shows for all the neighboring communities in addition to Kalamazoo.

http://www.michiganfireworks.com/sho.../MI/index.html
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Since it's been so rainy and miserable here, DH wants desperately to go anywhere that might have sun. (except FLA - that's where you go to die ) Alas, we would have the leave the country to find some place that isn't crawling with people for a holiday weekend. How's the weather in Calgary, anyone????

Registered
    Aug 2004
    We're heading to the horse races Sunday for live horse racing (duh!), bbq and fireworks. Both hubby and I are working Monday, then off Tuesday.

We just bought a house yesterday , so we will be doing house stuff the three days we're both off. I'm ready to move, but not until the wallpaper comes off and the new paint dries!!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I'm working Monday and Tuesday. We have a big event for the 4th, and I have to be here. Technically I am off so I get to drink a little beer, so it isn't so bad.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'll be at City Council. At least I have Monday off though.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'm off work but that doesn't mean I won't bee working. My family is coming up for a visit to help me do some necessary repairs to our new (old) house so I'm going to take that week off and start on the home improvements.

The shovel drops on that new pool tonight Rumpy
    Last edited by biscuit; 27 Jun 2006 at 2:06 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    I wasn't planning on taking monday off, but the daycare lady wants a long weekend (I don't blame her), so I'm forced to take it off. Boy I hate when that happens

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B
    Our wonderful Commissioners gave us the day off. They are the best!!!!

Ours too!! I love Commissioners around election time.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Come Monday, it will be me and the planning director. So we unilaterally decided that everyone else has to work Friday and we get the day off. My wife has to work, so I am thinking I might sit in a cool, dark movie theater for the first time in years and watch a movie, though about the best movie available is Adam Sandler's newest, which might be okay. Paying to see an Adam Sandler movie, I never thought it would come to this.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 2002
    No holiday here! I will be traipsing around a park in a small town on our west coast, helping them with CPTED advice. I have never celebrated July 4th but this year, as two of my best friends are American, I have been invited to a 4th of July barbecue which I'm looking forward to (which will be interesting since it's mid winter here). Not quite sure what to expect? Any tips on something I could surprise them with to remind them of home?

Registered
    Mar 2004

Hrruummmppfff

I have to work on Monday, but I was invited to a cookout (grilled salmon ). I just took a full week off to make the final move from Florida to Arizona.....YEEEEE HAAAWW!!!! Drove 2,600 miles and unpacked my stuff in 110 degree sun
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    JNL.....Do they sell "sparklers" down your way? Light up a couple of those and you will bring big smiles to the faces of your Yankee friends. (Be careful, they get quite hot.....something like 1300 degrees..... )

You could make a couple drinks with crushed ice and plant little American flags.

Have fun.

The One.....When One barbeques in Phoenix do you just use a parking lot?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    I have to work on Monday, but I was invited to a cookout (grilled salmon ). I just took a full week off to make the final move from Florida to Arizona.....YEEEEE HAAAWW!!!! Drove 2,600 miles and unpacked my stuff in 110 degree sun
    Off-topic:
    You! You took the I-10 thru Florida and didn't stop and help me dig the hole for Rumpy's pool?
    Why I outta run out to your arid wasteland and kick your fanny! I spit on your grave....

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Off-topic:
    You! You took the I-10 thru Florida and didn't stop and help me dig the hole for Rumpy's pool?
    Why I outta run out to your arid wasteland and kick your fanny! I spit on your grave....
    It seems that Mister RJ has developed the ability to present GREAT titles for really bad movies. In the spirit of these.....

"Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia"
    "Motel Hell"
    'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"

.....we can morph into this:

"I Spit On The One's Grave"

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    JNL.....Do they sell "sparklers" down your way? Light up a couple of those and you will bring big smiles to the faces of your Yankee friends. (Be careful, they get quite hot.....something like 1300 degrees..... )
    Stick the end of the sparkler in a raw potato, will keep your hand from getting burned. Works well for little people too
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek
    Stick the end of the sparkler in a raw potato, will keep your hand from getting burned. Works well for little people too
    Unless, of course, your hand is on fire as you wave the potato-on-a-stick.

Seriously.....good suggestion.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Monday is my first day of self-employment. My first executive decision: I will give myself Monday AND Tuesday off.

Now if I could just decide how I want to spend those days... (actually, if this miserable rain continues, I may spent it building an ark)

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    JNL.....Do they sell "sparklers" down your way?
    Sure do! We bring them out for Guy Fawkes Day (5 Nov) when we celebrate the failure of a plot to blow up the British Parliament in 1605. I had to look that up as I couldn't remember what it was about - we just use it as an excuse to have lots of fireworks displays! (they are banned at all other times of the year).

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I've got Monday off and the wife still hasn't decided what she wants to do.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2004

Ha ha ha.....

Off-topic:
    Look, if it makes you feel any better, I did look in your general direction while driving by.... I didn't want to risk driving the 24 foot Budget truck into the pool.... There were locusts.... I had four flat tires..... There was a tornado.....

http://www.geocities.com/jolietjake/sounds/excuses.wav

Oh and Bear, all I have to do is open a window and slide an extra large spatula out with some burgers on it....for about 3 minutes and zing....instant medium burgers...
    Last edited by The One; 29 Jun 2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Skilled Adoxographer

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Just another weekend at Chateau Jake. Margaritas by the pool.

Ooops, where'd they go?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Just another weekend at Chateau Jake. Margaritas by the pool.
    I'm pretty sure I can be there in 13 hours as long as I don't get pulled over in Kentucky. Keep those margaritas on ice.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    I'm pretty sure I can be there in 13 hours as long as I don't get pulled over in Kentucky. Keep those margaritas on ice.
    Sorry, we used up the rest of the tequila at the beach today... Well, we waited 13 hours and you didn't show...

Tomorrow, mini-golf with the kid. Hope it's something less than 98 d. Sheesh, it's hot!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Sorry, we used up the rest of the tequila at the beach today... Well, we waited 13 hours and you didn't show...

Tomorrow, mini-golf with the kid. Hope it's something less than 98 d. Sheesh, it's hot!
    Yeah, we couldn't get a sitter so we had to improvise
    Drinks around the pool

Which floatie?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    Yeah, we couldn't get a sitter so we had to improvise
    Drinks around the pool
    SNIP
    Which floatie?
    SNIP
    Must be nice... THIS (LINK) is as close to a pool as I get.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Caption Contest July 25 2006
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 25 Jul 2006, 11:08 AM
  2. Caption Contest, July 21, 2006
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 24 Jul 2006, 9:30 AM