Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Grad School advice

Registered
    Jul 2006

Grad School advice

Hello. I'm new to this site. I have a B.A. in Environmental Studies and I'm starting to look into grad school for urban/city and regional planning/design - I'm interested in both policy and design. So far, Pratt, UCLA, Columbia, and Washington are my top choices. I'm interested in sustainable communities and transportation. Any one want to give me advice on these schools or what the trends are in the field? Anyone currently at these schools want to comment?

I'm also interested in UCL - in the UK - for Town and Country Planning for sustainability. Is it problematic getting accredited and employed in the US if I do go there? Sorry, this is alot, but you know how it is...
    Thanks.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by matplan
    Hello. I'm new to this site. I have a B.A. in Environmental Studies and I'm starting to look into grad school for urban/city and regional planning/design - I'm interested in both policy and design. So far, Pratt, UCLA, Columbia, and Washington are my top choices. I'm interested in sustainable communities and transportation. Any one want to give me advice on these schools or what the trends are in the field? Anyone currently at these schools want to comment?

I'm also interested in UCL - in the UK - for Town and Country Planning for sustainability. Is it problematic getting accredited and employed in the US if I do go there? Sorry, this is alot, but you know how it is...
    Thanks.
    There is a wealth of info in previous posts in the Student Lounge on the forum. If you search through them you will find a lot of what you are looking for. Application Blues is a great thread full of info. Decisions....Decisions is also another that has a lot of info on school visits etc.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Sep 2011, 10:51 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last post: 30 Aug 2010, 9:00 PM
  3. One year before grad school - advice please!
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 20 Apr 2007, 5:31 PM
  4. Grad School Advice
    Student Commons
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 21 Oct 2005, 1:30 AM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last post: 10 Jan 2005, 12:54 PM