Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Marketing brownfield properties

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2004

Marketing brownfield properties

I am working on a Brownfield Redevelopment project. Does anyone have any examples of marketing packets for brownfield properties with their intended audience being real estate developers?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by jdstl1977
    I am working on a Brownfield Redevelopment project. Does anyone have any examples of marketing packets for brownfield properties with their intended audience being real estate developers?
    I would look at mill redevelopments in Rhode Island, particularly Providence, Woonsocket, Pawtucket and Cranston. The state has great brownfield/historic tax credit regs. Try Google.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have always taken the approach of investigating market needs and site conditions/characterisitcs to identify the possible and desired uses of the site. I would then look at the economics of redevelopment and figure out what kinds of city assistance might be needed. That in place, I'd sketch a concept plan, package it with the demographics and other information, and issue an RFP.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2004
    Thank you, that seems like a sound approach.
    Do you suggest any particular sources for demographic data?
    Is it worth it to do research on the prospective developers that will be attending the networking session and to maybe tailor the information in the marketing packets to them?

Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    I have always taken the approach of investigating market needs and site conditions/characterisitcs to identify the possible and desired uses of the site. I would then look at the economics of redevelopment and figure out what kinds of city assistance might be needed. That in place, I'd sketch a concept plan, package it with the demographics and other information, and issue an RFP.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by jdstl1977
    Thank you, that seems like a sound approach.
    Do you suggest any particular sources for demographic data?
    Is it worth it to do research on the prospective developers that will be attending the networking session and to maybe tailor the information in the marketing packets to them?
    It is definitely worth tailoring the information. As far as data sources, there are several possibilities. I will PM you with my phone number. Give me a call and we can talk about it. I also have an example or two around here that I can send you.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Historic Restorations, Incorporated (HRI) based in New Orleans specializes in infill redevelopment and have renovated some brownfield sites around town and in other cities. I'm new here, so I can't post URLs yet, but search "HRI New Orleans" in your search engine, and you'll find it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 29 Nov 2004, 7:17 PM
  2. Brownfield Redevelopment - Port Uses
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Nov 2004, 3:24 PM
  3. Brownfield developments
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 09 Mar 2004, 2:26 PM