Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Mitigation reporting/monitoring programs

Registered
    Apr 2005

Mitigation reporting/monitoring programs

Upon my hire, one of the aspects of my job was to overtake/develop the Mitigation Program, of which I had no prior knowledge. I finally got a sit down of division managers to discuss responsibility, schedule, unenforceable measures, etc. I'm in Long Range, and it seems odd that Long Range would handle the task. I work very closely with Code Compliance, as the conditions of approval sometimes repeat the mitigation (or vice versa). I'm trying to streamline the process and hopefully send the program over to project review or code compliance.
    I'm interested in how other county's/municipality's Mitigation Reporting/Monitoring Programs are set up, ie what division is responsible, how relationships with responsible agencies are established, how monitoring schedules are determined, or any other suggestions or tips you could throw my way.
    Best Regards.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This sounds like a function of current planning or your environmental coordinator. That was where it was performed when I was in California.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    May 2004
    One place I have worked had it set up as part of the code compliance section of the current planning division. The other two places I have worked have had it done by the building inspectors who could care less and generally do not actually do it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Anhydrous ammonia monitoring
    Rural and Small Town Planning
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 09 Dec 2011, 7:26 PM
  2. RJ, reporting for duty
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 29 Jun 2004, 4:12 PM
  3. Comp Plan Monitoring Document
    Make No Small Plans