Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Guess the Year #15 (food version)

  1. #1
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    9,752
    Blog entries
    5

    Guess the Year #15 (food version)

    Next up! Guess the year.

    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  2. #2
    Cyburbian Michele Zone's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    7,061
    I'll guess 1965.

  3. #3
    Cyburbian mgk920's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,167
    I'll say 1962.

    Mike

  4. #4
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Section 14-12-7, 3rd PM
    Posts
    2,096
    When I eat Jello, I wish could YAK to.
    (wait that's Jello shots that make me yak)
    My guess 1956

  5. #5
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    9,752
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    When I eat Jello, I wish could YAK to.
    (wait that's Jello shots that make me yak)
    My guess 1956
    Ding ding ding....

    Your turn!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  6. #6
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Section 14-12-7, 3rd PM
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek
    Ding ding ding....

    Your turn!
    Wow!! that was a blind guess, I'll see what I can come up with tonite. If someone has one to do before then, feel free.

  7. #7
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cold and Wet in ND
    Posts
    181
    How about 1949!

  8. #8
    Cyburbian mgk920's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,167
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    Wow!! that was a blind guess, I'll see what I can come up with tonite. If someone has one to do before then, feel free.
    Had I been a little bit better at recognizing automotive body styles, I would have gotten this one within one or two years. The GM ad on the back side was bleeding through ever so slightly.

    Mike

  9. #9
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,885
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920
    Had I been a little bit better at recognizing automotive body styles, I would have gotten this one within one or two years. The GM ad on the back side was bleeding through ever so slightly.

    Mike
    I didn't even notice it, but by god you're right.

    That piece of detective methodology was nothing short of brilliant.....too bad you were dead wrong!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  10. #10
    Cyburbian mgk920's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,167
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    I didn't even notice it, but by god you're right.

    That piece of detective methodology was nothing short of brilliant.....too bad you were dead wrong!
    I was thinking that those were horizontal fins on the back, which were, IIRC, an early 1960s thing.



    (hehehehehe)

    Mike

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 14 Dec 2007, 3:29 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 21 Aug 2007, 8:12 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last post: 21 Jul 2006, 10:48 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last post: 19 Jul 2006, 3:19 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last post: 19 Jul 2006, 1:13 PM