Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Nominate your favorite "Rejuvenile"

Registered
    Mar 2006

Nominate your favorite "Rejuvenile"

Definition: Playful adults -- those who refuse to give up fun just because they have a mortgage -- are redefining what it means to be a grown-up in the 21st century.

I'm sure there are plenty "Rejuveniles" here...

More info: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060725/...ejuvenile_dc_2
    Bring on Spring Training...

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Don't you just love how there's this need to define or label everything we do? I have a tendency to wear character t-shirts on the weekends. My favorite pj sets have Elmo and the Cookie Monster on them. I kept my stuffed animal collection from my childhood and have spent money on eBay to replace one of my favorite childhood toys. Last year, my husband and I went to DisneyWorld to celebrate our anniversary. Despite all of this, I still consider myself a normal, well-adjusted adult. But, now I suppose all of this qualifies me as a "rejunvenile." I've moved from Generation X to Kidult. Oh goody! I wonder what comes next?
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Here's my nomination.

RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I would much rather be a rejuvenile than some stuffy, frumpy person who thinks they have to be "serious" now that they are middle-aged! I really saw the difference when my son was in Cub Scouts. They always have the parents involved in goofy games, singing silly songs, etc, and some parents just won't go there. It was pathetic. What's so bad about playing baseball wearing oven mitts, and batting and running the bases backwards?

You really get to indulge your inner "rejuvenile" when your kids are little. Playing Candyland, re-reading favorite kids' books, looking at bugs and getting dirty, eating s'mores, etc.

More on topic, I can definitely name LadyBuc, sc, and RJ as rejuveniles I know well. Come to think of it, I think most of us who attend lae-fests are rejuveniles to some extent, it shows our sense of adventure!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    ... I can definitely name LadyBuc, sc, and RJ as rejuveniles...
    Oh, really?

Another rejuvenile nomination:
    RJ is the KING of . The One

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM
  3. Favorite "non-words"
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26