Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: I Need Help Regarding Grad School!

Registered
    Jul 2006

I Need Help Regarding Grad School!

Hello, I hope all is well..

I will begin graduate school this fall to pursue a Masters Degree in City and Regional Planning. I would like to also pursue a joint-degree and need some advice on choosing the right option. I could pursue an MBA in Real Estate finance, or instead pursue an M.S. in Civil Engineering (construction or structural). I did graduate with a BS in Business majoring in Finance and my professional goal is to pursue Real Estate Development/Design. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Hi... I'll put in my few cents. Your choices for a 2nd Master's are rather polar... MBA vs CE?! You should base your decision on your personal interest really, especially since you don't have an engineering background. It's obviously not impossible, but you'll have loads of extra undergrad engineering classes to take before you are equipped with the knowledge for MS level classes in CE. If you're REALLY interested in the CE curriculum then go for it, otherwise, re-consider also because of the extra time, finances, etc.

Best of luck!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Grad school low GPA
    Student Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Jun 2012, 3:22 PM
  2. Grad school now or later?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 03 Aug 2008, 2:17 PM
  3. Grad School Q's