Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Need help on planning standards for logistics plots/parks

Registered
    Aug 2006

Need help on planning standards for logistics plots/parks

Hi there, I am an expat in Shenzhen, China (just across the border from Hong Kong)

We are currently working on a project concerning standards for the logistics industry—both logistics parks and individual parcels of land for logistics.

Specifically standards for:
    • Plot ratios
    • Land uses allowed (specific parcels)
    • Ancillary businesses allowed (logistics park)
    • Other land use controls
    • Land productivity/land efficiency and other economic value figures derived
    • Typical infrastructure investment (per square meter)
    • Typical building investment (per square meter)

The difficulty is that Shenzhen is in a high density environment and most of my net research gives me results for small American cities or towns. Also, just about everywhere (correction: everywhere), logistics is subsumed into the larger 'general industrial' land use, so there is very little information out there specifically concerning standards of logistics properties. The reason for this work is that Shenzhen has limited land, but owns that land. In selling (actually 40 year leases) the land or approving building applications and the like, it wants to give te OK to those logistics operations that use the land well and contribute to the economy. (Singapore has some term called 'land productivity'). In doing so we are trying to find info from other countries, especially populous cities. Sorry if this sounds a little muddied, I am at times a bit unclear myself as to what it will accomplish, but if anyone has some good facts and figures that would be great. Information from private developers would be great as well. Most info we have found so faris from Hong Kong and Singapore.

Thanks once again.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerShenzhen
    Hi there, I am an expat in Shenzhen, China (just across the border from Hong Kong)

We are currently working on a project concerning standards for the logistics industry—both logistics parks and individual parcels of land for logistics.

Specifically standards for:
    • Plot ratios
    • Land uses allowed (specific parcels)
    • Ancillary businesses allowed (logistics park)
    • Other land use controls
    • Land productivity/land efficiency and other economic value figures derived
    • Typical infrastructure investment (per square meter)
    • Typical building investment (per square meter)

The difficulty is that Shenzhen is in a high density environment and most of my net research gives me results for small American cities or towns. Also, just about everywhere (correction: everywhere), logistics is subsumed into the larger 'general industrial' land use, so there is very little information out there specifically concerning standards of logistics properties. The reason for this work is that Shenzhen has limited land, but owns that land. In selling (actually 40 year leases) the land or approving building applications and the like, it wants to give te OK to those logistics operations that use the land well and contribute to the economy. (Singapore has some term called 'land productivity'). In doing so we are trying to find info from other countries, especially populous cities. Sorry if this sounds a little muddied, I am at times a bit unclear myself as to what it will accomplish, but if anyone has some good facts and figures that would be great. Information from private developers would be great as well. Most info we have found so faris from Hong Kong and Singapore.

Thanks once again.
    Check this out, Bro
    http://www.jtc.gov.sg/Products/indus.../logistics.asp

Registered
    Aug 2006

Thanks, Jess

Thanks,

the information was quite useful and I had been trying to access it at work. Couldn't figure out why the Chinese gov't would block a Singapore government website. Then reading your messsage at home, I was able to access it. The application form reveals some of their decision-making process (also explained in a paper called 'optimising industrial land use: the case of enbloc redevelopment' by Shi Ming Yu). The paper is on the internet.

Nothing related in Manila, though?

Thanks again!
    Michael

(Still looking for more, if anyone else knows)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerShenzhen
    Thanks,

the information was quite useful and I had been trying to access it at work. Couldn't figure out why the Chinese gov't would block a Singapore government website. Then reading your messsage at home, I was able to access it. The application form reveals some of their decision-making process (also explained in a paper called 'optimising industrial land use: the case of enbloc redevelopment' by Shi Ming Yu). The paper is on the internet.

Nothing related in Manila, though?

Thanks again!
    Michael

(Still looking for more, if anyone else knows)
    Try this one, Bro
    http://www.peza.gov.ph/sitemap.htm

Registered
    Jul 2006

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 04 Mar 2013, 7:57 PM
  2. School: Rutgers Rutgers logistics thread
    Student Commons
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2009, 1:58 AM