Urban planning community

Poll results: Cyburb's Future... Your Opinion

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I joined Nationstates and am still active and would change to Cyber Nations

1 14.29%
  • I joined NS and am still active but I wouldn't change to CN and stay in NS

0 0%
  • I joined Nationstates and am still active but I won't continue playing neither games

1 14.29%
  • I was active in NS but left but will try out CN

3 42.86%
  • I was active in NS but left and will return to NS

0 0%
  • I was active in NS but left and won't play neither games

0 0%
  • I haven't played any but will try out NS

0 0%
  • I haven't played any but will try out CN

1 14.29%
  • I haven't played any, and won't try out any.

0 0%
  • Other (Post below)

1 14.29%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [NationStates] Cyber Nations, a Nationstates replacement?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003

[NationStates] Cyber Nations, a Nationstates replacement?

Well looking around... I found a similar game... that fixes some of the weaknesses of Nationstates. So it kindda struck me right away, instead of staying in Nationstates watching our numbers fall and think of moving into another region inside Nationstates, why not everybody port their nations into this new game and start over?

http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp

It has wars, and more detailed stuff, and of course we can do a team. One feature I like is that we can locate our nation/team in a specific part of the world (unlike nationstates, in which I had to do it by hand, for roleplaying nations)

What say you? I bet some of those that left Nationstates because they found it boring, specially after you got the same issue over and over again and you couldn't do much...
    This is your chance.

EDIT: Couldn't resist... so I joined in... Yes there are issues, but you also have to pay bills (not with real money)

So let's see my Nation is Skeletonics (and I encourage all of those who were in NS to use their same nation name if possible and their Cyburbia UserName as Ruler name (The first thing you have to define)
    Here's my Nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_d...ation_ID=36260
    Last edited by SkeLeton; 13 Aug 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    It looks interesting but how much time per day do you think would be required? Though Nationstates got boring, it did have the advantage that it didn't take much time to play.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by AubieTurtle
    It looks interesting but how much time per day do you think would be required? Though Nationstates got boring, it did have the advantage that it didn't take much time to play.
    Well I don't think it needs all that much time... just a couple of more decisions to take... collect taxes, pay bills, maybe buy land or stuff and see what's going on with the rest of the "world" (trade agreements, wars, etc)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    If I create a Nation here, where can I hook up to your group?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    If I create a Nation here, where can I hook up to your group?
    Well unlike in NS, CyberNation does not have "Regions" it has teams and Alliances. Right now I'm not in any team and in no Alliance, but we can create a new Alliance called Cyburb. And of couse it'll be adviseable that all Cyburbians trying out Cyber Nations to join the Cyburb Alliance.

Oh and of course we should start trading between eachothers.

Once we have a good number of Cyburbians in we'll create the Alliance and it's specific codes.. (Flag, Currency, etc)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Well unlike in NS, CyberNation does not have "Regions" it has teams and Alliances. Right now I'm not in any team and in no Alliance, but we can create a new Alliance called Cyburb. And of couse it'll be adviseable that all Cyburbians trying out Cyber Nations to join the Cyburb Alliance.

Oh and of course we should start trading between eachothers.

Once we have a good number of Cyburbians in we'll create the Alliance and it's specific codes.. (Flag, Currency, etc)
    Please do. Seems interesting, I have created Zmanica again, but it is located in Canada's Norhtwest Territories.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmm....

I'd like to play, but only if I'm able to control these places:

Isles Kerguelen
    BouvetOya
    Heard Island
    Christmas Island
    South Georgia Island
    Rodrigues Island
    McDonald Island
    Crozet Island
    Amsterdam Island
    Isles St. Paul
    Minami Tori Shima (Marcus Island)
    Tristan Da Cunha
    Campbell Island
    Snare Island
    Macquarie Island
    Gough Island

They will be collectively known as the
    Introvert Land

The population will be 50,000
    Main Export= Coal, Oil, Fish, Phosphorus, Sea Salt, Walrus Tusk, Whale Blubber, Seal Meat
    Millitary strength= 15,000 troops with 10 destroyers and 10 frigates and exactly one nuclear bomb
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    I'd like to play, but only if I'm able to control these places:
    (snip)
    They will be collectively known as the
    Introvert Land
    Apparently you miss the point of the game.... Did you actually see the site?
    You can get somewhat close to that, but you have to work yourself up from scratch, and your territory grows radialy... so no point in wanting to capture a bunch of dispersed islands.
    You have to create all that military and of course mantain it.. (it has a cost)
    Resources are given at random by the game and your nation only starts with 2, you need to trade with others to get more resources.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'll have to check it out.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I guess i should say i'm in but seeing that i just approved a trade with you that involved aluminum and pig, you may notice that i have already started. here's my nation

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yes, Big Owl.. I noticed you joined... Though our trade agreement is only provisional... because I get rubber from someone else and since there's only 4 slots I may have to slash out the least useful ones...

Right now I'm looking for Water... I got the aluminium, the wheat, and I'm missing the water to have beer as a bonus resource...

Registered
    Dec 2003
    No water but I've got silver and sugar that can be fermented.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Are we going to form a team or an alliance?

I need to join one, so that these other participants may stop mailing me.

-Peart

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I started an alliance named Cyburb. I thought it already existed because you all were talking about it so I guess if you want to join, just do it. I'm also a member of the green team. If you're one of my trading partners, think about joining the green team because you get happiness bonuses for trading with members of your team.
    Last edited by AubieTurtle; 18 Aug 2006 at 3:32 PM.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well we can't create a Team... we have to join one (or none...) The Alliance can be created and it should be Cyburb, like I had said before (I changed to none afterwards until I had more people in...) Now I've read a bit and I think we need like 20 members to be a recognized Alliance... If we could reach the same numbers we did in Nationstates we could make it.

In the mean time... Alliances also need a few more recognizing patterns beyond the thing that says Alliance Affiliation. Mostly it's the Flag, Team and Currency.

So let's decide on these three things...
    Currency: Dollar I believe would be a good option, and I'm not oposed to that.
    Team: This may be a rough topic, since we already have 2 team members, Big Owl (Marroon) and Aubie Turtle (Green)... To keep the Cyburbia colors I'd choose Blue, and that would force all of us to change teams, so it's fair.
    Flag: So many and so hard to choose.. no custom flag option so we can't upload a common flag, and have to choose one.

Opinions?

Registered
    Dec 2003
    We need to decide what type of alliance we are going to be. Are we going to be peaceful, defensive or aggressive. Some of the largest alliances out there are mutual defense packs that will pretty much destroy anyone who attacks a member. They also prohibit members from attacking anyone (they don't want to get in fights at all). War is part of the game and must confer some benefits when won and some cost when lost. The alliance would need to be consistent in behavior in this aspect.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by AubieTurtle
    We need to decide what type of alliance we are going to be. Are we going to be peaceful, defensive or aggressive. Some of the largest alliances out there are mutual defense packs that will pretty much destroy anyone who attacks a member. They also prohibit members from attacking anyone (they don't want to get in fights at all). War is part of the game and must confer some benefits when won and some cost when lost. The alliance would need to be consistent in behavior in this aspect.
    Well as an aggressive alliance we won't last long... since all of our forces are a few soldiers that in total are pretty much what just one normal nation has... And many nations have way more soldiers than all of us combined... not to mention tanks, cruise missiles and nukes. So right now I think we'd be better of as a defensive alliance. That warning about staying too long as a peaceful nation is true... so I suggest stating that war is an option, and watch each others backs.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Sorry Skel, I didn't need any of the resources you have so I had to reject the trade agreement. I've joined NPO for protection. I think it would be a good idea for our small starter nations to join established alliances until we get to a decent size and then form the Cyburb alliance.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by AubieTurtle View post
    Sorry Skel, I didn't need any of the resources you have so I had to reject the trade agreement. I've joined NPO for protection. I think it would be a good idea for our small starter nations to join established alliances until we get to a decent size and then form the Cyburb alliance.
    No problem about that... now it'd be great to hear about the rest....

I suggest to all of those that are in, to join the NPO (New Pacific Oder), it's the strongest alliance in game and it could help us for tricks to faster development and of course protection against foreign agression, and of course maybe a bit of aid from them.

Here's the Sign up thread in their forums (link). You have to do so unless you don't want all of the above....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton View post
    No problem about that... now it'd be great to hear about the rest....

I suggest to all of those that are in, to join the NPO (New Pacific Oder), it's the strongest alliance in game and it could help us for tricks to faster development and of course protection against foreign agression, and of course maybe a bit of aid from them.

Here's the Sign up thread in their forums (link). You have to do so unless you don't want all of the above....
    Boikinstia is here. but I have no idea what is going on.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by boiker View post
    Boikinstia is here. but I have no idea what is going on.
    Welcome aboard.... well basically the difference between NS and CN is that in CN you don't answer to boring repetitive issues, but instead have to decide what to buy and how much to buy (Infrastructure, Land, Military, and later on, Improvements and technology) and of course you get to collect taxes and pay bills for what you have.

First off you should start with the peace option on for the first week, buy some military, infrastructure and land (although your nations' land grows daily so the first two are the most important), and pretty much you'll be like the rest of us.
    Oh and also try starting trade agreements soon... I got aluminium and pigs to trade if you're interested.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    The New GUDG has arrived at CN. This is 1000% more involved and technical than NS, but it was cool while it lasted. This should prove to be even more fun.

Did I see that it's a good idea to join the NPO alliance? This is a little bit much to take in, but I will do anything to help create a Cyburb here. Plus, I am currently on the green team. Should I be switching to blue?
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michiganplanner View post
    The New GUDG has arrived at CN. This is 1000% more involved and technical than NS, but it was cool while it lasted. This should prove to be even more fun.

Did I see that it's a good idea to join the NPO alliance? This is a little bit much to take in, but I will do anything to help create a Cyburb here. Plus, I am currently on the green team. Should I be switching to blue?
    NPO is red team... and you need to sign up in the thread I provided in the posts above.

Glad to have you on board michiganplanner.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    zman

Do you have any trade slots open? I am looking for spices. I have gems and fish to trade with.
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I should have 2 open. I used to have all of them open, but somehow 2 trade agreements fell through for me.

-Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 150
    Last post: 30 Jun 2006, 11:45 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 28 Apr 2006, 3:18 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 26 Apr 2006, 3:42 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last post: 13 Apr 2006, 2:14 PM