Urban planning community

Poll results: Which South Carolina city do you like the most?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charleston

3 37.50%
  • Columbia

2 25.00%
  • Greenville

3 37.50%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Favorite SC city: Charleston vs. Columbia vs. Greenville

Registered
    Jul 2006

Favorite SC city: Charleston vs. Columbia vs. Greenville

Which of the following South Carolina cities do you like the most: Charleston, Columbia, or Greenville? Why?

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Rwarky
    Which of the following South Carolina cities do you like the most: Charleston, Columbia, or Greenville? Why?
    Why don't you tell us which South Carolina city you like the most, and why?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I think it's safe to say that most people haven't heard of Greenville, SC much less visited it. I think most people know about Charleston and many have visited and Columbia falls somewhere in the middle. Perhaps if you had a reason for the poll it might be more useful in getting the answers you are seeking.

I voted Greenville because I live here in one of the small suburbs, although lately everything is starting to get closer together through annexation and infill. I have lived here four years and am leaving in two weeks to move to NJ for two years to attend school. I previously lived in Portland, Oregon for most of my life.

I like it here for a number of reasons. Cost of living is relatively low compared to many other places. I was able to become a homeowner here unlike the Portland, OR market which I was priced out of. I love the mostly mild winters and even though the summers are hot, AC is quite abundant. It is a great place for families and there is always something to do. The area is becoming more diverse with the number of international companies HQ'd here (BMW, Michelin). It's within an easy driving distance to Atlanta, Charlotte, & Ashville. About the only things I don't care for here are the propensity for sprawl, lack of significant and efficient public transportation, and the arcane church driven blue laws on Sunday.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Suspended Bad Email Address teshadoh's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    I'm sorry, but that is just none of your business. I just don't freely tell complete strangers what my favorite SC city is.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    haved lived in two of the three and honeymooned in the third. I think all three are great places. But I'll take the place with a state capital and large state university and great potential--Columbia.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    What about Flo-town (Florence)? Just kidding. I vote Charleston, without a second thought.

Suspended Bad Email Address teshadoh's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    What about Flo-town (Florence)? Just kidding. I vote Charleston, without a second thought.
    Well... if Greenville gets listed why shouldn't Sparkle City?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Greenville Spartangburg
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Aug 2010, 2:37 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last post: 15 Oct 2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Charleston, WV - Part I
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 30 Jun 2005, 12:15 PM