Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 North Division Trash Talk Thread!

Registered
    Oct 2001

2006 North Division Trash Talk Thread!

I'll note that three of the 1st round picks so far are off my 2005 roster!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

I'll note that I made a jackass move and selected a defensive player as a keeper. I'll also note that Reggie Bush was taken #1 after all keepers by the South Division draft......hmmmmmm
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ssnyderjr
    I'll note that I made a jackass move and selected a defensive player as a keeper. I'll also note that Reggie Bush was taken #1 after all keepers by the South Division draft......hmmmmmm
    Ahead of LaDanian Tomlinson... I think that was Planderella being a homer.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Seems that this draft, albeit slow in the beginning, seems to be going better for me.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Hey Mastiff - can you do me a favor and slot me in for zmanPLAN's (Pelican City Pels) 3rd round rick. I traded him DeShaun Foster for that pick a few weeks back (and give the Pels my last round pick).

Man, this season is kinda going rough so far. My man Portis got dinged yesterday and the draft doesn't snake. I forgot about that rule change. Brutal!!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by plankton
    Hey Mastiff - can you do me a favor and slot me in for zmanPLAN's (Pelican City Pels) 3rd round rick. I traded him DeShaun Foster for that pick a few weeks back (and give the Pels my last round pick).
    Moderator note:
    Round 3 updated to reflect the trade
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2001

Man, this season is kinda going rough so far. My man Portis got dinged yesterday and the draft doesn't snake. I forgot about that rule change. Brutal!!
    Yeah, I forgot we did that, too. Why'd we do that again?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    When does the clock drop down from 24hrs? Looks like DoD is ****ing us over with the draft...again.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    When does the clock drop down from 24hrs? Looks like DoD is ****ing us over with the draft...again.
    Usually about round four or five. Doesn't mean we can't move it up...

Of course, the reason we start three weeks before the season starts is so people can take their time. However, it shouldn't be one person every round. C'mon DoD, pick! (I find shame works best to get compliance...)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Actually, Mastiff, that was a 30th round pick.

Hey, a Hosehead can try, can't he?

Waiting... waiting....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it have been easier to have done pre-drafting and drafting on Yahoo? You can still have a live draft and it woulda all been over with in a matter of hours. Seems like we are doing things the hard way. Plus it's easy to have guys slip by you without being able to see all the players available at a glance. Every pick will have to be entered in anyway, seems like alot of extra work, just to get frustrated when one team takes 23.5 hrs to pick one player in the second round. Just a suggestion, like I said, maybe it's just me.....
    Last edited by ssnyderjr; 15 Aug 2006 at 1:18 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it have been easier to have done pre-drafting and drafting on Yahoo? You can still have a live draft and it woulda all been over with in a matter of hours. Seems like we are doing things the hard way. Plus it's easy to have guys slip by you without being able to see all the players available at a glance. Every pick will have to be entered in anyway, seems like alot of extra work, just to get frustrated when one team takes 23.5 hrs to pick one player in the second round. Just a suggestion, like I said, maybe it's just me.....
    We found that no one could agree on a draft time, and everyone hates auto pick. Just make a draft list, and people won't slip past you. We input the stuff, so it's no big deal...

As far as people holding us up? It happens. That's why we have the "Viking rule." I'm very surprised DoD is taking his time, but we said 24 hours at first, so we stick to it. The 4th round will drop down to 8 hours, and we've gotten all the way to 2 hours before.

Besides, and the moaning and complaining about people is fun!

Thanks for the history. I'll look up the viking rule, I'm assuming that they don't get anyone if they don't pick in 24 hrs....

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    the moaning and complaining about people is fun!
    This is the best draft going. I almost got Viking'd once, it was not a pretty sight. The 10th pick got to me so quick yesterday I kinda choked and took a RB that is nicked up knowing that my #1 guy just seperated his shoulder. D'oh! And, to learn about the no-snake rule change - unbelievable. Did we vote on that?!? My bleeding hearted a$$ probably voted for it.....ugh! I'm glad I have an extra pick coming up in the 3rd round. (Good luck DeShaun!!) Mastiff, why don't you trade me LJ for S Smith, dammit!!

Looks like I might have some work to do this year to win the North title again. ...One more SB loss and I'm officially the Bills.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Thanks for the history. I'll look up the viking rule, I'm assuming that they don't get anyone if they don't pick in 24 hrs....
    Not exactly... We move on without them, and they can come back and fill in the slot when they figure out they missed it. But... they can't take a player selected already, even if it was someone below them on the list.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    My man Portis got dinged yesterday and the draft doesn't snake. I forgot about that rule change. Brutal!!
    Um... dumb question maybe .... what is this snaking business?

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by geobandito
    Um... dumb question maybe .... what is this snaking business?
    A snaked draft would got top to bottom in one round, then bottom to top in the next, and alternate.

We did away with the snaked draft last year, and went purely on standing from the previous year.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Donald Driver, WR, Packers

Kodiaks up - 1:47 p.m.
    Good pick, too bad the Pack doesn't have a QB to get him the dam ball.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Good pick, too bad the Pack doesn't have a QB to get him the dam ball.
    I know. It's extremely iffy. It's a gut feeling.

I know. It's extremely iffy. It's a gut feeling.
    Aren't they all? That's the beauty of fantasy sports.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Is DuD viking'd yet? Thought we were dropping the clock for round 4 anyway - 24 hrs is much too long.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Is DuD viking'd yet? Thought we were dropping the clock for round 4 anyway - 24 hrs is much too long.
    I'd say 12 hrs is OK now...which puts the deadline on his pick at 5PM Eastern (no weekend vikings).

My wife and I decided we'll have another kid before this draft gets over with. She's not pregnant yet, but will soon be, and little Junior will be running around before my 10th pick.
    With that being said, the South division just wrapped up their 2nd Round, so we're not the slowest draft on earth, yet.....

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    I'd say 12 hrs is OK now...which puts the deadline on his pick at 5PM Eastern (no weekend vikings).
    So, I'm good to go at 5:01pm Eastern? (I really, really want Gus Frerotte...)

Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    So, I'm good to go at 5:01pm Eastern? (I really, really want Gus Frerotte...)
    Whatever you do, don't take Jon Kitna

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 86
    Last post: 20 Dec 2006, 8:33 AM
  2. 2006 CHL Trash Talk Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 13 Nov 2006, 8:28 AM
  3. Replies: 100