Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 South Division Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dragon View post
    I guess he will have a great year with the Eagles
    ...and boy could they use a WR for that squad. It was a good pick up for the Eagles and it did not cost them too much. Is Stallworth in the last year of his rookie contract?
    Satellite City Enabler

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    N.O. traded Stallworth Cololi . How does that make BEK and Planderella feel? I thought he was going to have a great year. I guess he will have a great year with the Eagles
    I heard that on the radio on the drive home from work. I think it turned the pick into an even better one. Also, since I already have Horn, it took away from having two receivers in the same bye week.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    ...and boy could they use a WR for that squad. It was a good pick up for the Eagles and it did not cost them too much. Is Stallworth in the last year of his rookie contract?

Yes, of course they had to wait to make the trade until AFTER I pick what was until that point their "clear-cut go-to" WR!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Aheem....

Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    South sucks.

North is better.

Shnoogens....
    Can't one of the SOUTH mods change North to South in this post I mean what else good are you ........never mind that the above statement is TRUE when it comes to drafting players.....

#$*&% #$%*@##

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

You guys are really picking up the pace down south here. At this rate you may be able to start by mid-October, good job. Don't forget about Kellen Winslow, he's a sleeper.

- A North Divisioner
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Dang Cololi...are you trying to hoard all of the RB's and force a trade
    Satellite City Enabler

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Dang Cololi...are you trying to hoard all of the RB's and force a trade
    You can never have enough RB's. I need some insurance policy for my two franchise players. With a first time starter in San Diego and a major loss on teh Seahawks offensive line, I don't think Tomlinson or Alexander are going to produce like they did last year. I may be strong at RB, but I think I am very weak at WR. The Stallworth trade made me very happy

Honestly, I only thought there were 10 rounds, so I was just going to take the best available players and then pick up the rest from free agency/waivers. I was kind of shocked to see how many rounds there are. I stil can't believe so many defensive players have been taken so far. There are still some above average offensive players out there. Just wondering who is going to take Deuce McCallister.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Is Deion Branch even under contract? Isn't there some big thing going on and he's not in camp or something?
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Joe Iliff View post
    Is Deion Branch even under contract? Isn't there some big thing going on and he's not in camp or something?
    He is undercontract but he is holding out. He want more $
    Satellite City Enabler

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Joe Iliff View post
    See: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=32
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    I would say that he is a good gamble at round 7. He will end up playing, probably somewhere other than NE.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by cololi View post
    I would say that he is a good gamble at round 7. He will end up playing, probably somewhere other than NE.
    I don't know about that. I think his agent is overinflating his ego and making him think that he is a better receiver (league wide) than he really is. All the teams have seen these "great" NE receivers go other places and stink up the house. If he was smart he would fire that bozo agent of his and get someone with some common sense to get the new contract completed.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    Quote Originally posted by ssnyderjr View post
    You guys are really picking up the pace down south here. At this rate you may be able to start by mid-October, good job. Don't forget about Kellen Winslow, he's a sleeper.

- A North Divisioner
    This is the south, we do everything slower here.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

This is the south, we do everything slower here.
    But the pancakes are worth the wait!!!!!
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    I don't know about that. I think his agent is overinflating his ego and making him think that he is a better receiver (league wide) than he really is. All the teams have seen these "great" NE receivers go other places and stink up the house. If he was smart he would fire that bozo agent of his and get someone with some common sense to get the new contract completed.

I agree with what you are saying, but with the list of number 1 receivers shrinking, it is a good gamble. It isn't like he isn't going to catch some balls this year. He could end up in a good situation, but it will be tough to beat where he is now, at least from a fantasy football perspective. WRs that you are drafting at this point are going to be your 3rd receiver or fill in during bye weeks or injury. You can shelf him for a few weeks to see what happens. Look at how high TO went, and that may turn out to be a huge disaster for whomever drafted him.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    What kind of trash talk is "I agree with what you are saying, but"......
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    What kind of trash talk is "I agree with what you are saying, but"......
    Saving it for when it counts. Saving it for when it counts. Although I can't believe anyone drafted Deuce McCallister. Not a bad handcuff if bush gets hurt, but bush is going to get 20-30 touches a game before midseason.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Huh....

Quote Originally posted by cololi View post
    Saving it for when it counts. Saving it for when it counts. Although I can't believe anyone drafted Deuce McCallister. Not a bad handcuff if bush gets hurt, but bush is going to get 20-30 touches a game before midseason.
    Deuce was picked as a keeper in that Crapfest known as the North Division
    and Bush WON'T get that many touches no matter how good he thinks he is....this is the NFL.......he'll do about as well as Ronnie Brown did last year.....if he's lucky....
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Nov 2005
    K. Winslow - the greatest TE ever, who is incapable of staying on the field

BWAH HA HA HA HA!
    Satellite City Enabler

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Still creeping along . . .

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

ZZZZZzzzzzz...........snort........

Ahhhhh......Good Morning everyone.......TIME TO PLAY BALL!!!

It will be my pleasure to beat each of you with my much improved players this season.......Bwa ha ha ha ha......

Seriously, can't we all agree that the North Division REALLY SUCKS this year....
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Now that I have a team, I have to figure out this whole starting line up thing. What is the configuration? Like it matters, you will all be trailing behind anyways.

(except week 5, just realized that 4 of my players have a bye that week. do I chalk the game up to a loss? play a couple of players short? cut players? make some trades? decisions decisions

Registered
    Apr 2006
    The north league looks like a junior circuit or the special olypmic of fantasy football!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    So I drafted kevin Curtis, WR fro STl in round 11, but I get some K Curtis, DB from Houston on my Yahoo roster? What gives? I also notice that it looks like another team snagged him as a free agent. This needs to be fixed!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    1 freaking point from McMichael last night? 1 catch for 10 yards? Hey, Culpepper, spread the ball around. Maybe you wouldn't throw two picks in 3 plays if you looked at different receivers know and again

And to whomever has Culpepper as a starter, find a new quarterback fast.

Closed thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 73
    Last post: 29 Dec 2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last post: 24 Dec 2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Replies: 157
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 2:16 AM
  4. Replies: 60
    Last post: 29 Dec 2005, 8:10 AM
  5. Replies: 87