Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Planning a Bachelor Party.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

Planning a Bachelor Party.

Well, it looks like there is a good chance that I will end up needing to plan a Bachelor party for a friend of mine. While I am not the best man, it sounds like his brother does not have the time or resources (lives in a tiny little lake front town) that I have.

So, here we go… what suggestions (other than strippers) do you have for a bachelor party? Have you ever had to plan one? I have been to quite a few, but never had to plan one.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Strippers. Sexy, easy strippers. Preferably at least one per attendee.

Oh....and confetti poppers.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Make sure you get a cake large enough for the strippers to jump out of....

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    ...and the subsequent sexy, sexy food fight.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Drugs and booze and guns and firetrucks and farm animals and naked ladies and steak and beer and knives and pork rinds and gambling and sports and K-Y wrestling and knockers and money and strippers and jocularity and a mechanical bull and fireworks and sports cars and shouting.

There's more, but I cannot think right now. Maybe more coffee
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 2001
    A party bus trip to Windsor......

to see the strippers.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Well, now of course I would want strippers for my bachelor party.

However, my brother did not, and I understood that. Got about a half dozen really good tickets to a Sox game, played poker afterwards, it was pretty fun.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I wonder if a full contact broomball game (Guys vs Strippers) with the keg and two stripers in the penalty box at all times would be wrong…

Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Drugs and booze and guns and firetrucks and farm animals and naked ladies and steak and beer and knives and pork rinds and gambling and sports and K-Y wrestling and knockers and money and strippers and jocularity and a mechanical bull and fireworks and sports cars and shouting.

There's more, but I cannot think right now. Maybe more coffee
    Sounds too much like College to me... well other than the sports cars.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner View post
    However, my brother did not, and I understood that. Got about a half dozen really good tickets to a Sox game, played poker afterwards, it was pretty fun.
    See, that is the type of thing that I would think would be a lot of fun, but I'm not all that into strippers, so call me crazy. Anyway, I like IP's type of idea best, but maybe have fun with it. Make him carry around a blow up doll (link should be worksafe) http://www.bachelorpartyfun.com/detail.aspx?ID=5 or something. Buy some beads to take to the bar.

Slightly OT. My husband went to a bachelorette party in Chicago a few years back (not his, but he was in the wedding), and they had some strippers show up in the private room at the bar. OK, I am not a prude at all, and strippers are really no big deal with me. It was the licking whipped cream off their privates that I have a probem with. Which, supposedly he didn't partake in, but who really knows.
    Quote Originally posted by Michaelskis
    I wonder if a full contact broomball game (Guys vs Strippers) with the keg and two stripers in the penalty box at all times would be wrong…
    Well, at least you wouldn't worry about who would be shirts or skins....

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Never been to one. No help here.

Almost when to my cousin's as a designated driver but did not go.
    Was more fun to torment cousin's older brother in law's lack of sleep/hangover.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I vetoed strippers for my bachelor party... just not my cup of tea.

We just went tubing down a local river with a large amount of alcohol. We chased that down with a minor league baseball game (which they were kind enough to give me a blow-up date for ). Another friend of mine spent the day golfing with his buddies (alcohol and golf carts is a fun mix ).

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Beer, tacos, digital cam-corder, and Twister. I think that's all you need.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Mine.

Golf would be fun for mine.

Preliminary Plans:
    I told a buddy that a good steak dinner at Morton's in downtown Denver, then good beers at the Falling Rock, followed by reaaly good seats to a game (probably Rockies since it'll be during baseball season last summer), then they'll probably take me to the skin bar. Don't matter to me, I just hope it is somewhat low key as I hate a big deal being made out of ME.

I asked my dad and uncle is they'd want to go and got a little scared at their reaction. They mentioned a limo or party bus (since we probably shouldn't drive) and they mentioned a skin bar with a shower in it! Also lots of shots (not my cup of tea)

I should pick my best man and let him loose on the planning.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Nov 2002
    If there are strippers involved, just make sure you go to them. Do not hire strippers to come to your house because chances they are more than just girls who dance around poles. That is unless you need a hooker and don't mind paying to see some hot girl-on-girl wrestling, and lic ... Wait, what was I talking about?

Anyway, to make the best of your night I'd suggest first getting a driver. Start with dinner somewhere and then let the debauchery begin. Also, keep it small. My buddies kept the party down to only closest friends and that made the drunken revelry a lot more fun than the parties I've attended where you had to round up 20 drunken idiots at the end of the night.

Probably not quite what you had in mind, but two other fun bachelor parties were just a bunch of us going camping in the mountains over a weekend. We went fishing, played poker, sat around BSing, and drank enough beer to float a barge. There were no strippers involved, but they were still great times.
    Last edited by biscuit; 31 Aug 2006 at 12:55 PM.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Beer, tacos, digital cam-corder, and Twister. I think that's all you need.
    What about someone other than your buddies to play twister with? Or are the strippers a given?

I think the key thing is to know what the guy who the party is for, wants. My brother organized mine and we ended off the night at "the ballet". I didn't know we were headed there until we pulled into the parking lot. Not my scene and I didn't enjoy it - though having my future father-in-law corner one of the strippers and start droning on and on about what it means to love a woman was pretty freaking hilarious. My dad had one beer and took off, and my father-in-law (the DD) went to wait in his car after a while "so we could enjoy ourselves". Uh, yeah - okay. The stripper with the cast on her arm was the highlight of the evening. Yes, she managed to take everything off okay.

The golf and steak dinner beforehand were great though. I would have rather had a poker night afterwards - we did that for my brother. But he was disappointed that there were no strippers at his party, so he made sure I got what he had wanted at his party.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    That reminds me.... where did I leave my tassled pasties?
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Mine consisted off golf in the morning, to the tailgate lot for the Utah/Utah State football game, to the game, and then to some bars afterwards. No strippers, not my thing. The end result was a round of 16 beers for me (how bad are your friends at golf if you play the hole winner has to drink a beer before teeing off and you win 15 holes: the 16th was at hole 1).

Registered
    Nov 2005
    The best one I've been to wasn't a standard bachelor party... everyone was traveling in for the wedding and could only get together the morning of the rehearsal, so all the guys went trapshooting, followed by some beers. Definitely a good time, though I think some people may have had a few too many pre-rehearsal beers.

And yes, the happy couple is still together.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Well, in order to truley plan a rip-roaring bachelor party, first you need to refer to the state statues. In your jurisdiction, this may be referred to as the "ball-and-chain" or "better-half" statutes.

The key to a good party is knowing what the statutes permit, knowing where you can ask for a variance, and when to cover your tracks. At the public hearing, be sure to be explicit in details about the portions of the plan that fit within the statutes. Tread lightly or ignore mentioning the controversial portions all together.

After approval is granted and permits have been obtained. Proceed with the plans as stated and make sure to carefully conceal information regarding the potentially controversial issues.

This is how you plan a Bachelor Party.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by boiker View post
    Well, in order to truley plan a rip-roaring bachelor party, first you need to refer to the state statues. In your jurisdiction, this may be referred to as the "ball-and-chain" or "better-half" statutes.

The key to a good party is knowing what the statutes permit, knowing where you can ask for a variance, and when to cover your tracks. At the public hearing, be sure to be explicit in details about the portions of the plan that fit within the statutes. Tread lightly or ignore mentioning the controversial portions all together.

After approval is granted and permits have been obtained. Proceed with the plans as stated and make sure to carefully conceal information regarding the potentially controversial issues.

This is how you plan a Bachelor Party.
    I feel like the Stiffmeister from the movie American Wedding...

Well, I already checked with the regulations administrator and was informed of the following:
    Article 1. There shall be no physical contact between the targeted individual and any potential temporary accessories to the event. (as in no strippers are can touch him)
    Article 2. Incarceration by authorities of the targeted individual will is not permitted. (as in don’t get him arrested)
    Article 3. If Emergency Medical Professionals are involved, I may be executed.

Beyond that... anything goes!

I am in the process of drafting a preliminary plan with a detailed timeline. From there I will give public notice and await comments from the committee (other grooms men). Then I will revise and return for final approval from the committee. In which case public notice of approval will be sent out. (Grooms men and Friends)

One thing that I want to make sure that I do is plan it so that all the grooms men and friends can interact and get to know each other since only a few of us know each other.

Good idea.. by the way, are you busy on 9/16?

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Paintball is a standard stag event around here. Usually, the groom is forced into a completely inappropriate outfit (pink dress, baby blue tuxedo, orange jumpsuit etc... ) while everyone else gets to wear camo.

We had a fun time playing "Assasination" at mine, basically me running around with no marker protected by my groomsmen (3) vs all (12). Ouch...

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I am in the process of drafting a preliminary plan with a detailed timeline.
    Dont be THAT guy, Dude. Let the night flow, you wont have fun if you're tapping your watch and scowling at a bunch of drunks.

Anyone else waiting for a dobopoq rant on this?

-Peart

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Best Bachelor party I hosted was we started out at a firing range and shot guns for an hour...hopped into a charter bus ad watched game 7 of the 2003 ALCS when Aaron Boone crushed the hopes of the Red Sox 's Nation on the way to the strip club. Everyone had a great time but the down side is I can only afford to send my first born child to community college.

Booze guns and strippers; a winning combination!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I feel like the Stiffmeister from the movie American Wedding...

Well, I already checked with the regulations administrator and was informed of the following:
    Article 1. There shall be no physical contact between the targeted individual and any potential temporary accessories to the event. (as in no strippers are can touch him)
    Article 2. Incarceration by authorities of the targeted individual will is not permitted. (as in don’t get him arrested)
    Article 3. If Emergency Medical Professionals are involved, I may be executed.

Beyond that... anything goes!

I am in the process of drafting a preliminary plan with a detailed timeline. From there I will give public notice and await comments from the committee (other grooms men). Then I will revise and return for final approval from the committee. In which case public notice of approval will be sent out. (Grooms men and Friends)

One thing that I want to make sure that I do is plan it so that all the grooms men and friends can interact and get to know each other since only a few of us know each other.

Good idea.. by the way, are you busy on 9/16?
    Nope, not at all I have been to more Bachelor parties than Bachelorettes and no, not as the cake jumper or stripper. All my friends are guys, so I often get to tag along

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Rent the movie Very Bad Things and don't do what they did at their bachelor party!!! I mean it - seriously!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Oct 2013, 8:57 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Aug 2011, 4:55 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 31 Dec 2006, 5:17 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last post: 10 Nov 2006, 2:07 PM
  5. Oktoberfest Party Planning