Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: South Division Draft Question

Registered
    Nov 2005

South Division Draft Question

OK...Labor Day weekend is almost upon us (HORRAY!)

This leads me to ask a few questions for the group.

1. Are we halting the draft since there will be a lot of people out of town?

2. Should we move the clock down to 1 hour Friday (1st) and next week to speed up the last remaining rounds of the draft?

What are your thought everyone.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Jul 1998
    If we don't finish by Tuesday at 6:00PM Eastern, I will draft the remaining rounds with best available players, unless I have a list from you. So, I really don't care how we do it, as long as we get it done. It would be nice if folks could check in over the weekend from time to time even though the clock will not run.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    I say we keep it going even though it is a long weekend. When all of us go viking, we can just put our picks up as we check in.

Maybe even drop the time to one hour? I know I will go viking because I will be out of town for two days, but I would rather do that then leave the picks up to the Commish (no offense intended Giff)

Remember, the season kicks off next Thursday with Miami & Pitt

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I think this can apply to both divisions - we are at the point where everybody should have their starting lineups drafted and we're just filling out bench spots and backups. Maybe we should just stop the draft this afternoon, let the commissioner input the picks and then just fill out the rest of our rosters on a first come first served basis. No need to start off with a full roster, we're all going to be dumping players after the first weekend anyway.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yup....

Let's go to one hour or two hours on the draft, everyone should submit a list of players and they get the first available.

I'll send my list to GIFF57
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Let's go to one hour or two hours on the draft, everyone should submit a list of players and they get the first available.

I'll send my list to GIFF57
    I like that idea also. Finish off today with a 1 hour limit to move things along and I will be sending a list over to Giff as well. Thanks!
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Jul 1998
    It would be awesome if I had a three-day weekend to input it all. But I'll make it work if we don't get consensus.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I'm outta here in 2 hrs, so I'll definitely send you my picks.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I have picks for 7 out of the ten teams, I could really knock this thing out this weekend if the others would give me picks or be around this weekend!!
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 17 Aug 2012, 8:40 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 15 Aug 2012, 1:40 PM
  3. Replies: 225
    Last post: 22 Aug 2007, 8:43 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Aug 2006, 2:53 PM
  5. Replies: 1