Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sweatshirt Weather

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Sweatshirts owned: ZERO
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    i love sweatshirts and have too many to count.

at the moment the favorites are:

grey Oneonta State hoodie
    blue hoodie

i'm also addicted to fleece. i would wear a fleece jacket, hoodie, or pullover everyday if i could.
    Last edited by dandy_warhol; 09 Sep 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I have one hoodie. I only wear it to school because the mysterious little creatures controlling the HVAC system torture us with drastic climate changes during the course of the day.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    When I was visiting Mom, picked up an LL Bean wind breaker lined with a fleece vest for $5 at the local hospital aux thrift shop.
    It is nearly brand new.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Oct 2003
    I too like fall for the reason to wear long-sleeved tops whether they are sweatshirts, hoodies, or waffle shirts. I think they might be my favourite group of clothing.

Ever since I finally finished all of my schooling 3 years ago, I've been missing not being able to wear as many of these tops as often as I would like.

At the end of the day when I get home, I typically don a hoodie or a zip-up sweatshirt. On cooler days, I'll put on sweatshirts.

As it was quite cool this morning and for much of the day, today was my first time wearing a merino wool sweater and wore it to work. It may give me a chance to incorporate my comfort of wearing long-sleeved tops more than ever.

Registered
    May 2002
    I have a plain black one, a plain green one, and a plain white one. I wear them when tromping through the woods in the fall, especially when I'm hunting.

I have one black hoodie too, but it bears the emblem of the agency that released me in December, a lack of job that I'm only now recovering from, so I probably won't wear that again any time soon. Not that I'm bitter, but it's packed in a box somewhere as we prepare to move south.
    Back home just in time for hockey season!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by boiker View post
    Sweatshirts owned: ZERO
    I have 2 dresser drawers full of them! With an 1885 house in Wisconsin, they are a necessity in winter, even when sleeping.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I only have one sweatshirt - a U.S. Marine Corps sweatshirt.

I am more of a sweater kind of guy. As I was getting ready for work yesterday (first sweater day of the season for me) and putting on my argyle sweater vest over my shirt and tie, I was telling my wife how I think that we should probably move to a cooler year round environment so that I could get some more use out of my sweaters.

She was not amused.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2007
    I love fall and sweatshirts. I have my run down Winthrop Hoodie that I wore almost everyday in the fall and winter between 2002 and 2005. I also have my Minnesota State University Sweatshirt that has gotten a ton of mileage.

I love long-sleeve t-shirts in the fall, but sadly can't wear them as often now that I work normal hours.

Last few nights here in Central IN have been nice enough to turn the AC off and open the windows, yesterday morning it was cold in the bedroom!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    When I was visiting Mom, picked up an LL Bean wind breaker lined with a fleece vest for $5 at the local hospital aux thrift shop.
    It is nearly brand new.
    Dead guy clothes for sure. . .

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Cool temps today in NW Ohio. As mentioned in another thread, here comes autumn! And sweatshirt weather.....

Since my opening post I have not made many updates to my collection of sweatshirts. Right now I am wearing a University of Michigan sweatshirt. The heat is not on in the house, the outside temp is around 50F. The strong winds make it seem colder, though.

My favorite, though, is a Northern Michigan University sweatshirt. It's a hoodie, so I can't wear it when I walk the mall.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Why bump a thread that's ostensibly about autumn? Well, it's a slow news day...and also because we're fast approaching sweatshirt weather from the other end of the tunnel.

You ever notice, though, how the sweatshirts come off much more quickly in the spring than they're donned in the fall? It might only be 47 out, but dammit, the sun is out, winter is done and we're going to make a conspicuous point to wear nothing heavier than a shirt while we're outside for that first halfway decent spring day.

Reminds of the sorta reverse situation when folks observe how it seems you can recieve a radio station's signal further travelling away from the town the station is in than approaching it. Most people are willing to listen to the reception degrade while the music/topic holds their attention, but few are willing to endure static in anticipation of better reception in the future.

There's probably a name for this sort of psychological phenomenon.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2003
    Yesterday morning in NW Ohio the temperature bottomed at 50F. A fair number of my employees walked into the workplace wearing sweatshirts or light jackets. Wimps. They were all complaining loudly last week when we had another in a long number of plus-90F days.

By Monday afternoon we will be back in the 90F range.

Give me autumn......and sweatshirt weather.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    We're getting there. I think it bottomed out at 65 last night and it should be a rather pleasant 82 today.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Not there yet.
    Forecast highs in upper 80's lows around 65.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    May 2005
    Highs tomorrow and Saturday in beautiful West Michigan will be in the 60s.

Not quite cold enough for sweatshirts for me, but it's getting close.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Highs in the mid 60s today and tomorrow for Northern Illinois as well. Tonight's low: 48. Breezy too. Winds gusting to 35 mph.

We also had strong/severe thunderstorms come through last night with an inch of rain and 50 mph winds. I think we actually had worse weather last night than most parts of the East Coast will with Earl.

Certainly starting to feel like fall is coming. With just a couple windows open, you can certainly feel the cold chill.
    Last edited by illinoisplanner; 03 Sep 2010 at 1:58 PM.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It is going to get down to 48 or so tonight. Which is even beyond sweatshirt weather. I think somewhere in the 50-60 range is where I sit. Collegiate of course. Now which school might it be??

o...h...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

From the local NWS site:
    Will Louisville finally end their record streak of 80 degree days?

Today is the 106th day in a row with a high temperature of at least 80 degrees at Louisville, as the temperature very early this morning was 82 degrees. This is the longest such streak ever recorded, beating the run of 97 eighty-degree days in a row in 1953. The high temperature prediction for Louisville for tomorrow is 77 degrees, which would be the coolest high temperature in Louisville since May 20 (72 degrees was the high that day).
    I'll be at the goal line about 20 rows up at tomorrow's UK vs UofL game, and will truly appreciate the end of this interminable heat. Unfortunately, it is forecast to get back into the mid-90s mid-week, and might get hotter as we've been in a drought to boot.

Registered
    May 2003
    Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.....

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Drove through the White Mountains in NH this past weekend. Saw a few leaves changed. Its definitely coming.

My closet has a few sweatshirts, but I rarely wear them. I don't like the bulk, and haven't mastered the collegiate art of cutting the neck into a shredded v.
    NY Yankees hooded pullover
    UConn zip up hoodie, grey
    UConn zup up hoodie, blue
    MAINE zip up hoodie

I have a few plain, non-logo zip up hoodies I wear around the house or to the gym or weekend soccer practice with the kiddo. In blue, purple, pink and white. I keep those out year round though because I'll throw them on over a swimsuit after a nighttime swim. Ahhh.

Registered
    May 2003

Zip!

After a brutal summer here in NW Ohio I can "see" sweatshirt weather on the horizon. Probably will be mid-September when I don my first Autumn 2012 hoodie. Looking forward to that!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Last night when I walked the dog before going to bed, it was 50 degrees with a slight wind off the ocean. Wore a sweatshirt. Meanwhile, 50 miles away it's going to be 100 today. Our high will be short of 75. I love living next to the ocean.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    It's cooling down at night around here too. The days are still too hot though. I miss Oregon.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Last night when I walked the dog before going to bed, it was 50 degrees with a slight wind off the ocean. Wore a sweatshirt. Meanwhile, 50 miles away it's going to be 100 today. Our high will be short of 75. I love living next to the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    It's cooling down at night around here too. The days are still too hot though. I miss Oregon.
    I stepped out on the deck last night so the dog could take a wizz at 2:30 a.m. and it was still 80 degrees. I miss Oregon and I've never lived there.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. New Zealand Weather
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 19 Aug 2004, 3:46 PM
  2. How's your weather?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 17 Aug 2004, 7:25 PM
  3. And The Best Weather Is In.....