Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Sweatshirt Weather

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Yesterday was the first cool day in a long, hot, dry summer. I welcomed it. We are moving into my favorite part of the year. Spring in Montana can be rough and slow to come. Seems to come in starts and stops. My lilac bush greening up tells me when it is the beginning of spring and my red maple finally greening up tells me when it is finally summer. By mid-July heat I am wishing for Fall.

Fall is a cool, gracious slide toward Winter.

I am not a sweatshirt guy. Maybe it is the name - sweat shirt. Just sounds like I am going to be uncomfortable. I own one and I normally only wear it when I go sledding.

I do have the nicest fleece jacket - so soft and plush. I found it in a shop in West Glacier and the price was great too. Maybe I need to get it out of the closet. Still too early to wear, but when you need it, you need it and don't want to spend a long time trying to find where the hell you put it.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jun 2009
    After 31 straight days of 100+ temps until yesterday, I'm more than ready for sweatshirt weather. In AZ it's generally from late November until about late February. A glorious time, to be sure, and a welcome relief from the intense, relentless heat of summertime in the desert. Only 3 months to go...
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I drive a Jeep with no doors, windows, or roof to work and each morning this week I've needed a jacket on my way to work. It's also been down to the high 50s a couple of times in the last few weeks when I am up at 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. for my morning run. That is very refreshing after some mornings still being about 72 with 70% humidity at that hour.

Personally though, I've always been more of a sweater guy than a sweatshirt guy.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. New Zealand Weather
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 19 Aug 2004, 2:46 PM
  2. How's your weather?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 17 Aug 2004, 6:25 PM
  3. And The Best Weather Is In.....