Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the Cyburbia Wacky Dream Log

Registered
    Nov 2002

the Cyburbia Wacky Dream Log

Your psychoanalysis is of course welcome . . .

I was busy apprehending some kind of criminal in a local town. When I finally captured him I started walking him to the police station. Somehow, by the time I got to the police station desk he was in a pizza box (this made perfect sense to me). When I opened the box to show the police I was shocked and embarrassed that there was pizza inside instead of the criminal.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    No more pizza for you before bedtime...

My wife laughed herself awake last night...but when I asked her this morning what was so funny she couldn't remember what she had been dreaming about.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Was it a Godfather's Pizza, perhaps?

Did the cops say, "What? No doughnuts?"
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

el Guapo would like this dream I had recently.

I was at someone's house (I haven't the slightest clue whose house - nothing about it was familiar) and they had a .30 caliber machine gun on a tri-pod facing out these sliding glass doors facing the back yard. There were a bunch of trees blocking the view. This guy is sitting behind the .30 cal plunking a shot every now and then into the trees BLAM! BLAM! Someone else walks in and gets behind the gun and empties a belt of ammo: BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!BLAM! BLAM! This all amusing in a juvenile sort of way.

Then I walk outside and notice that there's a house behind the trees they were shooting toward. The house is a bullet-riddled wreck from the foundation to the ridge rafter, but it's clear someone had been living there. I went back in to tell them to stop but woke before I could say anything.

Maybe I ought to avoid pizza before bedtime, too.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Thought I was the only one who had pizza dreams. I've found that any meal that involves heavy tomato sauce or even fresh tomatoes will trigger some bizarre dreams. Sorry, Seabishop, can't help you with the psychoanalysis. Just the fact that the word that contains both psycho and anal scares me more than the pizza dreams.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    The new pharmaceuticals that I take to normalize my being cause me to have very vivid dreams.
    Of course, I cannot remember them in the morning.

Last night I thought I was dreaming about a bug crawling up my leg. Then I felt it for real, threw the covers off of me and got up slapping my legs and brushing something off. Then I thought it was still a dream (I have the tendancy to wake up but still be in part of the dream) but then I felt it again! It is spider season at my place and I was a little worried. I turned the light on to find a dazed moth crawling on the bed. With relief I let it fly to the light, which I turned off and then went back to bed.

As for dreams, I will archive this now. 2-3 years ago, I had a dream that my wife gave birth to a daughter on my birthdate, which is November 8. Currently my wife is expecting and due on November 2. If a girl is born 6 days later, I predicted it! (I'll revisit this thread come November).
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop View post

I was busy apprehending some kind of criminal in a local town. When I finally captured him I started walking him to the police station. Somehow, by the time I got to the police station desk he was in a pizza box (this made perfect sense to me). When I opened the box to show the police I was shocked and embarrassed that there was pizza inside instead of the criminal.
    that is awesome!

Last night I was in the middle of a gang fight..............

Have had other dreams about being chased with a gun...........

Dream about driving a car that is hard to stop..........

Dreamt I was playing baseball for the Red Sox...........a few times

Too much TV methinks........

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I also had a dream that I was talking to a certain planning board member in my driveway when we noticed a distant airplane approaching us. It turned out to be a paper airplane which fell on him. He fell over and instantly died.

The dream was too wierd to tell him about.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    The new pharmaceuticals that I take to normalize my being cause me to have very vivid dreams.
    Of course, I cannot remember them in the morning.
    I was taking "Nortryptyline" (sp.?) and had very vivid dreams. I think I know where the "tryp" part of the name came from.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop View post

The only symbology that comes to mind is that this has something to do with "out of the box" thinking and after it is "in the box", it's no longer "criminal".

In the military, "police up" an area means to clean it up: sweap, pick up trash, etc. So maybe that is also related. Or not.

I dreamed the other night that I used red and gold Christmas gift wrap to wallpaper the ceiling.

Have at it.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Most of my dreams include my abject fear of heights. Or, me trying to find a functioning/clean ladies room. Yeah, weird. I never do find a clean bathroom.

Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Most of my dreams include my abject fear of heights. Or, me trying to find a functioning/clean ladies room. Yeah, weird. I never do find a clean bathroom.
    I constantly dream about being on the top floors of skyscrapers and looking down and freaking out. On that note, I recently was on the top (16th) floor of the Thompson Center in Chicago and I felt like I was in a nightmare, because you can look straight down the middle, down 17 floors. Terrifying!

I have the bathroom thing sometimes. But mostly I dream about being on the freaking L, i guess because I spend so much time riding it.

Registered
    May 2005
    C'mon people........no crazy sex dreams?
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    C'mon people........no crazy sex dreams?
    Nope. I have totally platonic, innocent dreams: Trains going through dark tunnels, vigorously riding stallions, picking out a pet unicorn to play with. But no sex dreams.

<whistles innocently>

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was on The Amazing Race with my friend Scotty, who is off in Chef school in Manhattan at the momment. I had to swim (which I do poorly) and he had to bungee jump (he's affraid of heights more than I am). But it was okay. There were pink palm trees and the Oak Ridge Boys were there. And I had the spatula.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I was walking to a big outdoor event / rally in Detroit when shots were fired and people started running away. I spent the rest of the dream trying to get out of the city to Chicago which was right across the river. The city was an abandoned urban wasteland with few people around except for an occassional kid playing in piles of bricks. *

* I've never been to Detroit and I apologize for the exaggerated stereotypes my subconscious has of the city.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I have a host of odd dreams to the point the other half will ask me every AM as soon as we wake up to tell him about my dreams (I forget most of the details pretty fast so he wants to know before its all sleepy fuzz)

*you will notice a pattern here*

The most fa...infamous of my dreams is the beagleroo. Half beagle half kangaroo and very very menacing. Think of a 6 ft tall kanga with beagle fur, croc like mouth and little fore arms are like raptor claws. Its the only chasing dream I have ever had and it scares the living hell out of me.

My beagle is flying a plane (crashing into the frozen Potomac river in DC), driving a 18 wheeler, driving a car, motor bike etc. The beagle in question is as dumb as they come so its pretty freaky.

12 ft tall headless dancing naked (read no skin as they had been cooked) turkeys doing the can can to "It's a Small World" in front of the castle at the Magic Kingdom.

No I have never done any sort of illegal drugs I just seem to have the most vivid, full color with sound freaky azz dreams
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerGirl View post
    My beagle is flying a plane (crashing into the frozen Potomac river in DC), driving a 18 wheeler, driving a car, motor bike etc. The beagle in question is as dumb as they come so its pretty freaky.
    Is your beagle named Lenny? I just remember that guy who jumped into the Potomac in the winter plane crash...dragged a flight attendant and who knows else to shore...

I used to have a recurring dream, thank god, no more, about a monster in the lake I grew up next to. Not a beagle, though...

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    My wife laughed herself awake last night...but when I asked her this morning what was so funny she couldn't remember what she had been dreaming about.
    How odd - my husband did that the other night too and my daughter the next night.

My odd dream is an annual one. The backstory - When I was growing up we spent time at a rustic resort in Nova Scotia. While I was in high school and university, I spent my summers waiting tables there. After I graduated, I went back to being a guest.

Now every year, sometime between April and June, I have a dream that I walk into the dining room, either as a guest or an employee, and they need help or things are really changed, for the worse. I spend the rest of the dream trying to fix it. Thought this year I might not have it but I did last night.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I dreamed my son wanted to move to Columbia Missouri.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    I dreamt last night that my wife and I stopped at a gas station/travel stop. I went in to go to the bathroom but had to go through about 5 rooms and up and down several flights of stairs to get there. This place had a huge nice auditorium for some reason, and even stranger was that the men's room had glorified pits in the floor with drains to pee in and was in a downstairs boiler room. As we left I could see that the travel stop was converted out of a big old church building (adaptive re-use?), yet it was sort of art-deco on the inside with colorful tiles on the walls. I don't know what this means.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Feb 2004
    An old gf from hs started working as a planner at my office and carried on with all the histrionics she displayed 30 years ago. She was still 17 in the dream.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    An old gf from hs started working as a planner at my office and carried on with all the histrionics she displayed 30 years ago. She was still 17 in the dream.
    Off-topic:
    Still 17 after 30 years? She's a witch... burn her!!

I have been having dreams where I am all the characters. I cook at the restaurant, I eat at the restaurant, and I serve myself at the restaurant... kinda odd.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink
    I have been having dreams where I am all the characters. I cook at the restaurant, I eat at the restaurant, and I serve myself at the restaurant... kinda odd.
    Are you by any chance contemplating writing a book and debating about from what point of view (1st person, observer, etc.) it should be written, are you? Let us know when you start to dream from the point of view of the napkin, silverware or potted plants, will you?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Administration / review / process Wacky statements from applicants
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 13 Jul 2012, 10:47 AM
  2. Wacky Warning Label
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 07 Jan 2005, 6:20 PM
  3. Wacky Headlines