Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Online Journal Help!!!

Registered
    Jun 2005

Online Journal Help!!!

Hi everyone!

I need a little help! Im trying to get access to a Journal- "Research in Community Sociology" as i need a particular article from it- and no library in Sydney has it- so if any students out there happen to have online access to it, could you pm me cause i really desperately need an article!!!

Cheers!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2004
    Well, I did a quick check on Libraries Australia. None of them look familiar as something nearby. The search returns:
    "Libraries that have this item:
    Curtin University of Technology. Library and Information Service (WCU) 000415217 for details of holdings see Curtin catalogue
    University of Queensland. University of Queensland Library (QU) 1022146 CENP HT51.R43 <1022146> ; v.1 (1990)"

Can you get it by interlibrary loan from one of those? Curtin is in Perth, I think, and i'm likely going to be there a few months from now, but I doubt that helps you right now. If it was at Uni of Melbourne, or even RMIT I could've gone running for it, might have even been able to manage with Monash or similar, but no such luck, sorry.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Should I re enroll just for lexus nexus?

Check to see if the lending library will copy the pages and mail or fax them to you. My university had excellent services for off campus students, free document delivery including books! And requests could be made for journal articles from other libraries, I remember one libr database called world catalog that often had links to online text where my university libraries had no record.

I love still having access to the university library system I hope it never expires,

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JusticeZero View post
    Well, I did a quick check on Libraries Australia. None of them look familiar as something nearby. The search returns:
    "Libraries that have this item:
    Curtin University of Technology. Library and Information Service (WCU) 000415217 for details of holdings see Curtin catalogue
    University of Queensland. University of Queensland Library (QU) 1022146 CENP HT51.R43 <1022146> ; v.1 (1990)"

Can you get it by interlibrary loan from one of those? Curtin is in Perth, I think, and i'm likely going to be there a few months from now, but I doubt that helps you right now. If it was at Uni of Melbourne, or even RMIT I could've gone running for it, might have even been able to manage with Monash or similar, but no such luck, sorry.
    Yeah Curtin is a little far from Sydney!! Which is a pain in the butt- I have online access to both Sydney, UNSW and UWS libraries and none of them have it either in hard copy or online.

Quote Originally posted by Jen
    Check to see if the lending library will copy the pages and mail or fax them to you. My university had excellent services for off campus students, free document delivery including books! And requests could be made for journal articles from other libraries, I remember one libr database called world catalog that often had links to online text where my university libraries had no record.
    Yeah i have to pay big bikies for any Uni library in Australia to let me have access to anything, which is crap- i am lucky i have brothers at other uni's!!!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I dunno if you already gone to this site. Anyway, It's just a little help that I can offer to you, just proceed with your search. Good luck.
    http://journalseek.net/cgi-bin/journ...uery=1058-5028

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Do you keep a Journal?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 50
    Last post: 16 Nov 2012, 7:25 PM
  2. The Journal (public television)
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 31 Aug 2011, 12:11 PM
  3. Scientific journal idea