Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 2006 CHL Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Hey, I did not win it all last year! Granted I beat the crap out of all but one person last year, I did not win it all. It all depends on how the draft goes (if we get the same players or not) as that is what determines whom wins and whom looses.

The puckers management has already run several hyper-trend analyses for a series of different combinations of players based on past performance, summer vacations, eating habits, and the names of their pets. Based on that, along with lunar projections, solar flares, and if a frog is going to pee on a leaf in the Amazon.... I think that the puckers will have the same chance to win, as any other team in the league

Other than the Tunnanators and Brass Banana win which case they will both be sucking the frost off the boards the entire season.
    Last edited by michaelskis; 01 Sep 2006 at 3:29 PM.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Other than the Tunnanators and Brass Banana win which case they will both be sucking the frost off the boards the entire season.
    What are you talking about? Were you sucking on a frog or something when you wrote that?
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator View post
    What are you talking about? Were you sucking on a frog or something when you wrote that?
    Frog, no.... hockey stats of the best potential players in hopes that I can acquire them... YES.

Does it smell like rotting fish in here? Or is it just me? I guess those fish are not on ice!

This is going to be a very close season I think. Even more so knowing that many teams will rotate their goalies to keep them from getting burnt out. I think that everyone in our league (and most of the NHL Teams) has at least three goalies on the roster. I think that starting the correct goalie on the correct night will be the key to winning.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 17 Oct 2006 at 2:51 PM.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I agree, it's going to be close. So many good players available... it's going to be hard to keep from trading all the time for me. I'm like a trade addict!

I'm having goalie meltdowns
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 17 Oct 2006 at 2:51 PM.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    I'm having goalie meltdowns
    Me too....thank goodness my offense had a killer week (26 G, 17 A, 20 PPP, 8 GWG) to offset it.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

I've got the best three LWs in the league (Nash, Ovechkin, and Kovalchuk) and yet Ryan Smyth seemed to beat all of them combined in goals last week......

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Plan Man View post
    I've got the best three LWs in the league (Nash, Ovechkin, and Kovalchuk) and yet Ryan Smyth seemed to beat all of them combined in goals last week......
    ...and I'm glad I've got him on my team.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    Me too....thank goodness my offense had a killer week (26 G, 17 A, 20 PPP, 8 GWG) to offset it.
    I am calling for drug testing... 3 hat tricks in the same night??? Is there a goalie strike?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    You have half my team from last year (and I think NHPlanner has the other half). B@stards! I miss having Sundin on my team... it's always more fun when your favourite player is on your team!

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    I miss having Sundin on my team...
    I'd be willing to part with him for the right trade offer.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    I'd be willing to part with him for the right trade offer.
    I wish I had someone as good as him to trade! I guess we'll see how Malkin does

I'm waiting for an orange pilon to come up on the waiver list for goalies.....I knew I should have ranked them higher.

Registered
    Apr 1996

2006 CHL Trash Talk Thread

So that we don't muck up the standings threads with trash talk....

Moderator note:
    Trash Talk from other threads moved to this new thread

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I forgot that making trades screws up your lineup. I didn't have my rosters set for the last few days so I"m floundering this week

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I must be a baby seal, because I'm getting the #$@* clubbed out of me this week.

Please remind me, the higher the GAA the better for goalies right?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Please remind me, the higher the GAA the better for goalies right?
    No, the lower the better (less goals allowed).

Check your PMs btw.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Zman: It looks like some of your good players are on the bench and you have a few spots open... don't forget to set your roster, big game day today!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Oh look! The smelly fish lost... to a bunch of puckers!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The 2013 NHL trash talk thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 01 Jul 2013, 9:27 AM
  2. Replies: 157
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 3:16 AM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last post: 20 Dec 2006, 9:33 AM
  4. Replies: 338
    Last post: 30 Oct 2006, 10:36 AM