Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread!

Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    Baseball sucks
    Hell, no! It's hot-stove time! Will Tony stay or go? If Tony goes, will Walt? Will Rolen ever be Rolen again? Will DeWitt open his wallet so we don't have a pitching staff by pot-luck? Can we get a great bat in the clean-up spot to protect Albert the Great? Thousands of things to ponder and watch. Cards will again be great in '08
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Cards will again be great in '08
    I actually felt sorry for the birds this year. They were pretty much snake-bit the whole year. Next year it will be the Cards and the Brewers in the NL central. (WYP goes into witness protection program after making the comment for fear of retribution from radical cubby fans.)
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Rox/Phils game on in the Engineering Conference Room right now. See you there!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Hell, no! It's hot-stove time! Will Tony stay or go? If Tony goes, will Walt? Will Rolen ever be Rolen again? Will DeWitt open his wallet so we don't have a pitching staff by pot-luck? Can we get a great bat in the clean-up spot to protect Albert the Great? Thousands of things to ponder and watch. Cards will again be great in '08
    I guess your right, there are a lot of things up in the air. I do think Tony is going to go, at least thats the word around here....

I just don't know how we go from .5 games out to NOTHING - 13? 14 straight losses?? And then win our last 5?? hgughgug it was a sad season and its lookin like the Rams aren't going to make this fall/winter any better

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    I guess your right, there are a lot of things up in the air. I do think Tony is going to go, at least thats the word around here....

I just don't know how we go from .5 games out to NOTHING - 13? 14 straight losses?? And then win our last 5?? hgughgug it was a sad season and its lookin like the Rams aren't going to make this fall/winter any better
    And now Walt Jockety has been dismissed as GM. I wonder if Tony is gone too. He and Walt worked together in Oakland so they have worked together for a long time, but the CEO said they weren't a package deal.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2005
    My fingers are crossed for a three-game sweep in the ALDS.

Off-topic:
    Well, that was fast! Jocketty is out as Cardinals GM after 13 pretty darned good years. I suspect TLR will not return either. So, the front office is all topsy-turvy. This could get interesting really fast.

Why did Sweet Lou pull Zambrano after 85 pitches? Ya' gotta win Game 1 with your ace on the hill! Oy.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2005

Why did Sweet Lou pull Zambrano after 85 pitches? Ya' gotta win Game 1 with your ace on the hill! Oy.
    Lou said he was saving him for Sunday (pitching again on 3 days rest), the bullpen has done well and that nobody wins a game when the offense gets 4 hits and 1 run.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Holy crap! Rocks win!

Cubs lose
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Mix post division championship with pics of the team at a bar and LOLCAT, and you get this:

http://loljocks.blogspot.com/2007/10...es-boston.html
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jun 2007
    THE..... Yankees suck!
    THE..... Yankees suck!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Boy... the FILTHYdelphia group is miiiiighty quiet now.

-Peart

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    speaking of Yankees sucking...

you can be at a game at Fenway where a team other than the Yankees are playing and when they flash the score of the Yankees game that may also be going on that day, you will hear a representative cheer or jeer which is usually followed by a stadium chant of:

Yankees suck!

...it's a phenomenon that freaks out whatever team is playing because the crowd noise has nothing to do with the game at play so you could be mid-swing or mid-pitch in Fenway, playing for Atlanta, and be completely interrupted with the above

great stuff

this also happens at Patriot's games in the fall, which is even more hilarious when that stadium breaks into a Yankees suck chant - they will also roar when a score is flashed that shows the Red Sox winning, which again, freaks out the other team, they look completely confused - I have seen Patriot players join in the chant too, which is cool

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Did anyone catch the interview and then the later innings shot of LeBron James (of the Cleveland Cavaliers) sitting in (the Cleveland Indians park) Jacobs Field wearing a Yankees hat.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Did anyone catch the interview and then the later innings shot of LeBron James (of the Cleveland Cavaliers) sitting in (the Cleveland Indians park) Jacobs Field wearing a Yankees hat.
    I heard Peter Gammons ripping on the radio this a.m. for wearing the hat, saying it was immature and was only done to draw attention to himself. I thought that was a low blow- I've seen Lebron wearing a Yankee hat many times before and he insists it is his favorite team. Cleveland fans should be kissing his feet no matter what he has on his head...

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I say let him wear whatever hat he wants to.

Of course, the Denver mayor (a Philly native and admitted Phillies fan) has now converted to being a Rockies fan (at least in public).

And it isn't even an election year (I think).

-Peart

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    I heard Peter Gammons ripping on the radio this a.m. for wearing the hat, saying it was immature and was only done to draw attention to himself. I thought that was a low blow- I've seen Lebron wearing a Yankee hat many times before and he insists it is his favorite team. Cleveland fans should be kissing his feet no matter what he has on his head...
    Its not like he grew up in the NY area and was drafted by Cleveland- he grew up in Akron- 15min outside of Cleveland!! His favorite Basketball team WAS the Bulls, football cowboys and baseball Yankees! NO joke! TALK ABOUT A BANDWAGON FAN! If he doesn’t care for the city he should get out, Cleveland is a very proud city especially for its sports and the CAVS even with lebron come in a distant 3rd. If he cant even respect the hard working fans that help pay his salary he should grow up quick or go cry with Kobe in LA

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by wv06 View post
    Its not like he grew up in the NY area and was drafted by Cleveland- he grew up in Akron- 15min outside of Cleveland!! His favorite Basketball team WAS the Bulls, football cowboys and baseball Yankees! NO joke! TALK ABOUT A BANDWAGON FAN! If he doesn’t care for the city he should get out, Cleveland is a very proud city especially for its sports and the CAVS even with lebron come in a distant 3rd. If he cant even respect the hard working fans that help pay his salary he should grow up quick or go cry with Kobe in LA
    I share your sentiment completely (however I am a Cowboys fan - but I was born in Arlington, TX, so... yeah. I am also a Texas Rangers fan, and they get no love at all).

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It's a freakin baseball hat! Last time I checked he wasn't raping anybody or hosting dog fights, give the guy a break!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    It's a freakin baseball hat! Last time I checked he wasn't raping anybody or hosting dog fights, give the guy a break!
    He commented in the paper (Cleveland Plain Dealer) that he is routing on the Yankees all the way and the people of Cleveland will have to "deal with it."

If he wants to be a Yankee fan that is his choice, but do not show up in a stadium filled with people who pay hundreds of dollars to see him and buy his merchandise- supporting the other team. C.C. Sabathia is from LA and still lives their but he doesn’t go to the browns games sitting in the front row with a raiders cap on- he is more respectful to the people that support him.

That is the bottom line, be respectful to people that support you.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    He commented in the paper (Cleveland Plain Dealer) that he is routing on the Yankees all the way and the people of Cleveland will have to "deal with it."

If he wants to be a Yankee fan that is his choice, but do not show up in a stadium filled with people who pay hundreds of dollars to see him and buy his merchandise- supporting the other team. C.C. Sabathia is from LA and still lives their but he doesn’t go to the browns games sitting in the front row with a raiders cap on- he is more respectful to the people that support him.

That is the bottom line, be respectful to people that support you.
    I don't get it.
    What makes him so different that he has to be accountable to his fans by not supporting the team he wants to win?

-Peart

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Part of what was so funny was in the later innings of the game (with the yankees losing badly), they showed a shot of him with the hat turned backwards and he was holding his head in his hands and there was a guy behind him in Indian garb cheering.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    ROCKIES !

The Yankees are gone.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    ROCKIES !
    Rockies vs. Indians in WS

Indians win series in 2-out 9th inning walk-off single HR in game 7.

(One can only hope... God I love October)

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    My fingers are crossed for a three-game sweep in the ALDS.
    Thanks for crossing your fingers!

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 30 Oct 2011, 1:12 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 12:28 PM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 12:30 PM