Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    Rockies vs. Indians in WS

Indians win series in 2-out 9th inning walk-off single HR in game 7.

(One can only hope... God I love October)
    That's what we're kind of thinking here in CO. Of course, if Arizona plays Webb on the mound a lot we may have a tough time (he has been the Rockies slayer as of late).

GO ROCKS!!!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2005
    This may be sacrilege, but the payoffs won't be the same without the Yankees to hate. I mean, who the h%ll are the Indians?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    This may be sacrilege, but the payoffs won't be the same without the Yankees to hate. I mean, who the h%ll are the Indians?
    At least we can take some pleasure in watching the upheaval as all the heads roll in the Bronx, no?

Note to Alex: you're not welcome no more buddy

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    At least we can take some pleasure in watching the upheaval as all the heads roll in the Bronx, no?

Note to Alex: you're not welcome no more buddy
    I've already heard some speculation in these parts of the Brewers potentially being interested in Joe Torre.

Mike

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Yeah, I guess your right. I was hoping to see some roll today.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post
    I've already heard some speculation in these parts of the Brewers potentially being interested in Joe Torre.

Mike
    Why would he want to subject himself to that kind of torture? Kinda like Pinella going to Tampa Bay..

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    This might be the new version of the Bronx is Burning (down the house). A friend of mine were talking last night about the possibility of some team picking up Mariano Rivera as a mentor/stable pony (ala Crash Davis) to come into a club and teach young pitchers, plus benefit the team with late inning work - Tampa Bay?, KCRoyals? More realistically, he'll go for the money.

As far as the Damnyakees are concerned: A-Rod stays, Posada stays, Petitte goes, Rivera goes, Torre goes, Clemens goes and finally stays away (and why are they still dominating the headlines?)
    The talking heads were spewing from the mouth about the potentail for LaRussa going to NY. Mattingly has already been quoted that if he or whoever follows Torre won't last long, it was kinda like whoever followed John Wooden at UCLA.

Now back to the real story; the playoffs. Very good games on the horizon in both the NLCS and ALCS. Red Sox pitching looks deeper than the Indians (pitching and defense wins championships). In the NL Its a toss-up, the two teams records were separated by one game and the head-to-head matchups went 10-8 (I think). ZMan for the Rockies & The One for the D'backs...I'll just drink a beer and watch all seven games in this one.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    The Rockies! Up 1-0 on the D-Backs.

In my opinion I think that their luck and winning streak has already run out. Now they are playing on confidence and good defense.

Remember, this isn't your Rockies of the last decade. Not only do they have the bats, they also set the best fielding percentage in MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY this season...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jun 2003
    ROCKIES

are in the World Series !
    swept the D'backs 4-0.

check out Drew Litton's Sports Cartoon: http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/d...h_miracle.html
    Last edited by JNA; 16 Oct 2007 at 7:28 AM.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    The Rockies! Up 1-0 on the D-Backs.

In my opinion I think that their luck and winning streak has already run out. ...
    Off-topic:
    Note to self: never seek zmanP's opinion when betting on sports.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Unbelievable run by the Rockies - I wonder if their luck will hold or change for the WS...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Congrats to the Rockies - that is pretty amazing stuff

I am now feeling pessimism about the Red Sox, akin to a heart about to be broken yet again, sigh - but, if they can beat Cleveland, they will take it all - so if I were you Colorado people, I'd root for Cleveland -

Registered
    Apr 2006
    What are the odds that a Rockies-Indians World Series game will get postponed due to snow?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    What are the odds that a Rockies-Indians World Series game will get postponed due to snow?
    Pretty good, actually. Especially if Game 5 happens. this game will be played in Denver during the Packers/Broncos Monday Night Football game. Last time the Pack played a Monday night game, in Denver, in October was 1984, during a blizzard.

Now, we are getting close to the winter weather here, and I am sure that Cleveland will throw something at us as well.

-Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Pretty good, actually. Especially if Game 5 happens. this game will be played in Denver during the Packers/Broncos Monday Night Football game. Last time the Pack played a Monday night game, in Denver, in October was 1984, during a blizzard.

Now, we are getting close to the winter weather here, and I am sure that Cleveland will throw something at us as well.
    Maybe they'll once again move the game to Miller Park.

Mike

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I remember that game, I was living in Breckenridge then.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post
    Maybe they'll once again move the game to Miller Park.

Mike
    It will be the only way Milwaukee will get to see a World Series game!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The BoSox live to fight another day... Thank god for Josh Beckett

Registered
    Mar 2004

Forecast

The Denver Forecast:
    Check out the low's! 35 and 25!! Perfect Baseball weather
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...=157&map.y=129

The Boston Forecast:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...=139&map.y=106

and the mistake by the lake:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...=182&map.y=112
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

ah yes, I love the smell of New England...

my husband called this past weekend a sportsgasm....

...and if you are nice, you won't run with that comment -

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Rocktoberfest....

Now... the rest of the Baseball world... will be seeing... what the ROCKIES are all about.

Good job to the Sox, let's begin the SERIES! now!

-Peart

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Now... the rest of the Baseball world... will be seeing... what the ROCKIES are all about.

Good job to the Sox, let's begin the SERIES! now!
    Should be a good series, assuming the Rockies have cooled off with the layoff and the snow.

Short series if the Rockies win....6 or 7 games if the Sox win.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Just slightly off topic, but I'm wondering what some of the traffic/contingincy plans are for Monday, 2007-10-29 should a game 5 between the Rockies and Red Sox be needed, seeing as it is scheduled to be played at Coors Field at the same time as the Packers are scheduled to play the Broncos at Mile-High Stadium.

Should be a fun sports time in downtown Denver!

Mike

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    One thing is for sure... the traffic will be crazy and it will be doubtful that workplaces will be functioning in Denver on that day.
    I heard a rumor that the Broncos petitioned the NFL to get the game moved from Monday to Sunday. Of course, this is unsubstantiated and doubtful in my mind.

I'm hoping that both games happen at the same time. It'll be fun. It'll also be good if there is a little snow in the forecast!

Rockies/Red Sox Article

But the Rockies have recent success on their side. During Interleague Play, the Rockies won two of three games at Fenway on June 12-14, as they outscored the Red Sox, 20-5, in the series. Additionally, the Rockies were one of just two teams to beat the Red Sox's top two pitchers, Josh Beckett and Curt Schilling. They lost the opener, 2-1, as Tim Wakefield outdueled Aaron Cook.
    Last edited by zman; 22 Oct 2007 at 11:18 AM.

-Peart

The Sox will sweep the Rockies in four games............as they did to the Cardinals in 2004 (1967 is another story)............it is interesting that the Sox came back after being down 3 games to 1...........wonder if they get crowd or game incentives, since each game adds millions to the player''s, owner's and others pockets............just wondering..........

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 30 Oct 2011, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 11:30 AM
  5. Replies: 338