Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Wow, the KC Royals got beat by a touchdown last night!!!
    I think the Yankees got beat by two

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Wow, the KC Royals got beat by a touchdown last night!!!
    The poor Royals are the best argument for introducing relegation to MLB...demote the Royals and the Nationals at the end of the season to AAA and promote the winners of the International League and the Pacific Coast League.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Does the NL Central standings look inverted to anyone else?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Does the NL Central standings look inverted to anyone else?
    My Cardinals are really having trouble with Carpenter going on the DL, Mulder not ready to come back, Kip Wells apparently just not getting what Duncan is trying to get him to do (keep the ball down, dammit!). And there's been no offense other than Chris Duncan -- Rolen and Edmonds are just really in slumps. It's gonna be a long season methinks if they can't pick it up.

Kudos to the Brew Crew and Pirates -- they're playing great ball right now.

Oh, and Zman, the Cubs are where right now?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    I think the Yankees got beat by two

Go Rangers!! They actually beat the Yankees!!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    Go Rangers!! They actually beat the Yankees!!
    That's not saying much these days.

7 game lead for the BoSox....still too early for me to get too excited yet....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    As you Cyburbians know I am not a Damnyankees fan. However last night a kid named Tyler Clippard took the mound for his MLB debut. The scrawny pimple faced pitcher threw 6 innings, struck out 7, laid down a sac bunt and hit a double (he doesn't bat) to beat the Metropolitans. Not bad kiddo...

On a side note; it's the 21st rookie pitcher started this year in 42 games for Torre.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Just checking in to point out that the Yankees are now 14.5 games out of the AL East race and reside in the basement with the lowly Devil Rays. We are witnessing the death-throws of a decaying franchise. I don't know about you but I'm loving every minute of it

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    me too, hilldweller - but like NHPlanner, I'm still exhibiting New England caution on getting excited about the Red Sox - still too soon but it's so sweet watching the Yankees piddle at the bottom -

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I really enjoyed the Mets vs. Giants game last night. I have decided that the Mets are my National League team.

I have to admit, it is pretty sad to see the Yankees struggling so much. Our Sox need their rivals to at least put up a little bit of a fight.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    I really enjoyed the Mets vs. Giants game last night. I have decided that the Mets are my National League team.

I have to admit, it is pretty sad to see the Yankees struggling so much. Our Sox need their rivals to at least put up a little bit of a fight.
    Are you a fair weather fan? A Red Sox fan cheeing for any NY team sounds suspect.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Are you a fair weather fan? A Red Sox fan cheeing for any NY team sounds suspect.
    Not true. The Mets are geographically closer to my hometown than any other National League team (141 miles). The Yankees and Mets are two entirely different animals. Don't get me wrong, thr Sox always take precedent.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Not when the Mets' success only deepens the misery of Yankee fans

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Not when the Mets' success only deepens the misery of Yankee fans
    All this while we here in Wisconsin are in a similar glee over the current fortunes of the Cubs and Cardinals.

Last night:
    Brewers 5, Braves 4 (Sheets with the win, Cordero with the save - his 18th of the season!).

Mike

Registered
    Feb 2007

Giants in the Cellar...

Well, its summer folks, which means i will begin making my monthly trips to PacBell (i still refuse to call it anything else, sorry SBC, AT&T) to watch the Giants play some ball and, drink my $9 beer, and have my $10 cha-cha-bowl and some garlic fries. But alas, we are in the cellar, and to make matters worse, its june, which means the typical june swoon. Thanks Benitez for blowing that game last night. Why did we re-sign bonds? Why oh why? With a pitching staff that we have, you would think we would be at least 2nd or 3rd in the standings, but no. They need to make an offensive move before the trading deadline already. All i can hope for is bonds breaking the record three weeks from now on a saturday at home while i watch sitting near the 3rd base line, and seeing if i can afford some home-run derby tickets for all-star weekend, but i guess this my rant from a life long giants fan who wants to see his team win a damn world series already...

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Not true. The Mets are geographically closer to my hometown than any other National League team (141 miles). The Yankees and Mets are two entirely different animals. Don't get me wrong, thr Sox always take precedent.
    I don't buy it. You pick the team in first place with the best record in the National League during their second year of success. That sounds fair weather to me.

I grew up in AZ as a Braves fan in the 80's. Pick a team that needs fans like the Marlins or the Nationals, one thing this world does not need is another Mets fan.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    ...one thing this world does not need is another Mets fan.
    Amen to that, Brother Brocktoon!
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Amen to that, Brother Brocktoon!
    My dear friend jmello;

You live in the South now. Come to your senses and admit you are a Braves fan (or is it time for an intervention?).

Bubba, meet me at the stateline so we can go help this poor lost soul.

Planit
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2005
    My dear friend jmello;
    You live in the South now. Come to your senses and admit you are a Braves fan (or is it time for an intervention?).
    Yeah, I was thinking of making a trip to Atlanta in June to see the Braves play the Red Sox, but there are no weekend games. It is really tough being this far from a major league ballpark

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I don't buy it. You pick the team in first place with the best record in the National League during their second year of success. That sounds fair weather to me.
    They have had a special place in my heart since 1986.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Buckner's too (since you brought it up)

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I do believe you could lose you Red Sox nation passport for a statement like that.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    My dear friend jmello;

Planit
    It may well be time for an intervention. Heck, jmello, I would've understood if you chose to embrace the 'Nats (since you're used to suffering as a Red Sox fan), but the Mets? That's just wrong.

Red Sox play Yankees this weekend......GO RED SOX!!!

Registered
    Feb 2007

Rejoice

We dumped benitez!!! Jump for joy!!!! Armando's back my a@@!!!!!

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 30 Oct 2011, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 251
    Last post: 28 Oct 2008, 11:30 AM
  5. Replies: 338