Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: PUD/PRD with noncontiuous parcels?

  1. #1

    May 1997
    Williston, VT

    PUD/PRD with noncontiuous parcels?

    So who out there has done, or has ordinance language that allows, PUD/PRD's with noncontiguous parcels?

  2. #2
    Cyburbian SGB's avatar
    Nov 2002
    Champlain-Adirondack Biosphere Reserve
    Our local code requires 30 contiguous acres minimum for a PUD. Our governing board has descritionary authority to allow less land area, but it must be contiguous.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

  3. #3
    Cyburbian The One's avatar
    Mar 2004
    Where Valley Fever Lives
    Blog entries


    Sure, why not.....just call one parcel phase one and the other parcel phase two....make sure you have two distinct legal descriptions to meet the intent of rezoning each parcel and wham.....new PUD. Where I've seen this the most is when a property is seperated from the parent parcel by a major road....some states allow that parcel to be connected for tax pursposes and planning purposes....but I'm not sure how that could effect a PUD application. If the ownership is the same and the applicant is willing to create a phase 2 of the PUD that may need to be a seperate document and recorded seperately....why not...

    I'm wondering why Lee isn't in the running to be a moderator??? Seems to me that you could edge out the ham sandwich.....lord knows I wasn't nearly as popular as that second rate lunch meat
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

  4. #4
    Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    May 2003
    Staff meeting
    We are currently revising our language to include unified development as a PUD when it crosses a public ROW, which would have to be adjacent across that ROW.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

    Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Aug 2005
    in a meeting
    You mean, like a TDR? that would be the way to think about it - except it's with one owner buying or tansfering rights to his/herself!

    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

  6. #6
    Cyburbian cch's avatar
    Mar 2006
    Machesney Park, IL
    We'd make them apply for two seperate PUDs. Each one would need to be a minimum of 35 contiguous acres, according to our ordinance. I guess it all depends on what your ordinance says.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Finding the cost of serving parcels
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 28 Nov 2011, 1:53 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last post: 28 Apr 2010, 2:37 AM
  3. Subdivision Parcels and subdivision
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 29 Jun 2009, 1:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Sep 2003, 6:37 PM