Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: PUD/PRD with noncontiuous parcels?

Registered
    May 1997

PUD/PRD with noncontiuous parcels?

So who out there has done, or has ordinance language that allows, PUD/PRD's with noncontiguous parcels?

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Our local code requires 30 contiguous acres minimum for a PUD. Our governing board has descritionary authority to allow less land area, but it must be contiguous.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Mar 2004

Well....

Sure, why not.....just call one parcel phase one and the other parcel phase two....make sure you have two distinct legal descriptions to meet the intent of rezoning each parcel and wham.....new PUD. Where I've seen this the most is when a property is seperated from the parent parcel by a major road....some states allow that parcel to be connected for tax pursposes and planning purposes....but I'm not sure how that could effect a PUD application. If the ownership is the same and the applicant is willing to create a phase 2 of the PUD that may need to be a seperate document and recorded seperately....why not...

I'm wondering why Lee isn't in the running to be a moderator??? Seems to me that you could edge out the ham sandwich.....lord knows I wasn't nearly as popular as that second rate lunch meat
    Skilled Adoxographer

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    We are currently revising our language to include unified development as a PUD when it crosses a public ROW, which would have to be adjacent across that ROW.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    You mean, like a TDR? that would be the way to think about it - except it's with one owner buying or tansfering rights to his/herself!

no?

Registered
    Mar 2006
    We'd make them apply for two seperate PUDs. Each one would need to be a minimum of 35 contiguous acres, according to our ordinance. I guess it all depends on what your ordinance says.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Finding the cost of serving parcels
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 28 Nov 2011, 1:53 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last post: 28 Apr 2010, 2:37 AM
  3. Subdivision Parcels and subdivision
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 29 Jun 2009, 1:29 PM