Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: ArcMap extensions

Registered
    Mar 2006

ArcMap extensions

What's everyone paying for 3d Analyst and Spatial Analyst, if I may ask? Asking for $5,000 of what would appear to be "add-ons" is a bit hard for me to do..... but we could really use Hydromodelling and the like....

Years ago when I did purchasing in the private sector, ESRI wanted $2,500 a pop; sounds the same now. That's without any upgrades. I'm now in an MPO under a city's financial umbrella that buys complete, floating site licenses. We all run ArcINFO with all the extensions. I've heard it's expensive. ESRI folks came today to give us a free pep talk. Maybe you can look for a partnership with another organization, too? There's always a trial license if you know what you want to do, and when. Good luck.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Clore

Are you public or private sector?

We pay $1600 per extension, but we also have annual maintenence and almost $75,000 in software so we get a discount.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    I was public, but now I'm non-profit.
    ...Moving at the speed of local government

BANNED
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Clore View post
    I was public, but now I'm non-profit.

haha

Well our company bought for around 50-75k INR

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    Clore, do you HAVE TO use ESRI products? A lot of other good GIS programs will read and write shapefiles and are either much lower in cost or free. Manifold (at manifold.net) is an amazing value for money, ILWIS is free and particularly useful for environmental stuff, Spring is also powerful and fee (and if you have Spanish or Portuguese speakers, lots of good training material).

BANNED
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Monamogolo View post
    Clore, do you HAVE TO use ESRI products? A lot of other good GIS programs will read and write shapefiles and are either much lower in cost or free. Manifold (at manifold.net) is an amazing value for money, ILWIS is free and particularly useful for environmental stuff, Spring is also powerful and fee (and if you have Spanish or Portuguese speakers, lots of good training material).

ILWIS is more soley used for watershed modelling............ not good for data interpolation etc

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Haven't heard of those. Wow-that was an old thread. I've moved back to public sector again lol
    ...Moving at the speed of local government

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 15 Dec 2011, 7:59 PM
  2. GIS ArcMap 9.1 mouse wheel module issues
    Information Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 23 Sep 2010, 11:56 AM
  3. ArcMap highway symbol problem
    Information Technology
    Replies: 2