Urban planning community

Poll results: Do You Have Tattoos?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, just one - that covers over 20% of my body!

0 0%
  • Yes, just one - and I regret it.

1 1.69%
  • Yes, just one - that is personal and discreet.

2 3.39%
  • Yes, just one - that everyone knows about, cause I love showing it off.

0 0%
  • Yes, a few - and I regret it.

1 1.69%
  • Yes, a few - that are personal and discreet.

3 5.08%
  • Yes, a few - that everyone knows about, cause I love showing them off.

3 5.08%
  • No, but I do consider getting one.

20 33.90%
  • No, never!

29 49.15%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos for You?

Registered
    Mar 2006

Tattoos for You?

I know tattoos are super mainstream now, but sometimes I wonder how many of my fellow planners are sporting them. I've got 3, btw, all small and all hidden, and all involving drunkeness when I got them in college.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    No tattoos or piercings here, Thank You very much.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have a virgin canvas.
    (I think this has been done before. Maybe we've exhausted all the topics and it's time to close shop. )

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Moderator note:
    We've been here before....

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=935

But it is a closed thread....carry on.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2006
    I found an old thread from 3 years ago, but it had no poll, and I know there are a lot of different people on here now, including me.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I dont have any but would really like to get my boys names, in Hebrew, tattooed on my back (probably between my shoulders) BUT out of fear of becoming very religious someday, I still haven't done it.

One of the oddest tattoos I have ever seen was a Star of David on the guys arm. It was a bit of a shock to me, I guess hebrew lettering on my body wouldn't be all that much different.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

The Illustrated Bear

Yes, this Bear has tattoos.

I have a few dozen tiny tattoos, all placed on my svelte frame back in 1996, as the medical team at Flower Hospital Oncology Center readied me for four months of daily radiation therapy.

They use the tattoos to line-up the devices for the radiation aiming.
    _____

No real body art.

Katie has a ladybug, on her ankle, hidden from view. She said she wants to get a butterfly on her back or shoulder.

She just said: "Only thing is, when you get to be 70 years old, that butterfly looks like a fly."

Parlor Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    I have a virgin canvas.
    (I think this has been done before. Maybe we've exhausted all the topics and it's time to close shop. )
    Hey, I thought you were gonna get "ZG" tattooed on your buns???

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. Something to honour my brother's memory... just haven't figured out what yet!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    No tats for me. Would you spray graffitti on Michelangelo's David?

What puzzles me is the people who go overboard with the tattoos, especially tattoos on their faces. Pretty much eliminates any chance you might have of a well-paying job in your future. But if going through life having people stare at you like you stepped out of a spaceship is what you want, by all means, tat and piercing boy, enjoy your career as a carnie.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Mar 2004

Hmmm....

Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    I know tattoos are super mainstream now, but sometimes I wonder how many of my fellow planners are sporting them. I've got 3, btw, all small and all hidden, and all involving drunkeness when I got them in college.
    Well, I think you should consider taking close up pics of the aforementioned tats....I mean really, what could it hurt.....or show.....

Mrs. The One has one great tat as a result of loosing a bet that the Denver Bronco's would win a certain Super Bowl game.....their first win.....couldn't get her to bet a second time the next year......too bad though...... Still I do enjoy the tattoo
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Aug 2002
    No tattoos for me. The Mud Prince has three of them, though. That's probably enough for one household.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Nope. I donít like needles and would rather demonstrate affection by other means. Sorry to disappoint.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    No tattoos but I am not opposed to getting one. It would have to be for a monumental event/reason though and would be hidden from ordinary view.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Speaking of tattoos, does anyone here watch "Miami Ink" on TLC?

Before watching this show, I thought tattoos weren't for common folks, but since watching this show a few times, I've realized just how commonplace tattoos seem to have become. I also enjoy the voygeuristic aspects of the show which give insights as to why people get tattoos...something I always wonder about.

Also, I have never so many beautifully designed tattoos until I began watching this show.

By the way, do I have a tattoo? No. Do I want one? Not yet.

I'm still unsure about the effects of all the chemicals that are poured into the skin, although I haven't done the research on this concern.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    no tats for me. i haven't found anything meaningful enough to want it tattooed onto my body for ever.

plus i'm rather practical, i don't want my rose turning into an oak tree when everything on my body starts heading south.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    I dont have any but would really like to get my boys names, in Hebrew, tattooed on my back (probably between my shoulders) BUT out of fear of becoming very religious someday, I still haven't done it.

One of the oddest tattoos I have ever seen was a Star of David on the guys arm. It was a bit of a shock to me, I guess hebrew lettering on my body wouldn't be all that much different.
    I am totally fascinated by them, and would get them except for the same reason.

I have actually designed them nearly completely in my head and would be on my legs. It would have my grandparent's numbers incorporated into it plus a few other things I am really interested in. They would also be very large.

A friend is heavily tattooed, I have gone a few times with him when he has been getting work done (5 hour sittings), the artist he is using wants to tattoo me because he likes a blank canvas.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Hceux View post
    Speaking of tattoos, does anyone here watch "Miami Ink" on TLC?

Before watching this show, I thought tattoos weren't for common folks, but since watching this show a few times, I've realized just how commonplace tattoos seem to have become. I also enjoy the voygeuristic aspects of the show which give insights as to why people get tattoos...something I always wonder about.

Also, I have never so many beautifully designed tattoos until I began watching this show.
    We watch this show at our house because it is fun to watch and it really is fascinating from the human aspect of why people want to get tattoos and some of the reasoning behind that tattoos they choose. I've always thought of tattooing as pretty normal, but I think that the artistic quality has improved dramatically in the last ten years or so and that it has become more accepted culturally.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    None here, but thought of a design if I ever did it...just haven't had an overwheling urge to do so.

What Jimmy Buffet says about tats: "A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling."
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I went ahead and voted "No, never!" even though y'all already knew that from the previous thread. At first, I wasn't going to vote simply because my answer is already "on the record". Makes me wonder if people who replied in the old thread are generally going to not participate in this poll.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone View post
    ...Makes me wonder if people who replied in the old thread are generally going to not participate in this poll.
    I wish there was an option: I don't participate in polls.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Thinking about getting a green shamrock with a Celtic Cross behind it on my upper arm close to my shoulder. It would be high enough that a t-shirt would cover it.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Jul 2003

I still need a class clown emoticon....

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Thinking about getting a green shamrock with a Celtic Cross behind it on my upper arm close to my shoulder. It would be high enough that a t-shirt would cover it.
    how high will it be? and what will it be high on? (hope you don't get a surprise p*ss test )

Sorry. I'm just in a silly mood. Life is good.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    So who is "Z0G"?

No tats here. I've yet to find any sort of design that I think would still look good when I'm old, and shriveled. Maybe I'll get some random Chinese characters on my shoulder. You know, something that translates to "Stupid white boy."
    Last edited by biscuit; 09 Nov 2006 at 9:51 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit View post
    So who is this "Z0G"?
    Z0G .......
    Last edited by Michele Zone; 09 Nov 2006 at 10:12 AM.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Urban planning tattoos
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 21 Nov 2012, 4:39 PM
  2. Tattoos and generations
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 29
    Last post: 27 May 2012, 11:36 PM
  3. Tattoos? Can I have them?