Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Weather Related Physical Ailment

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Weather Related Physical Ailment

Today I have a headache that I am positive is weather related. Sometimes I also get a soreness in my left knee as that one is full of scar tissue. I also get a burning feel on my finger tips and ears from past frostbite damage whenever I am in extreme cold.

Do you have any weather related physical ailments that only occur during particular weather related events?
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I slipped on some ice and bruised my kiester last winter. Does that count?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I slipped on some ice and bruised my kiester last winter. Does that count?
    no.
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    no.
    Yes it should.
    A) Ice = weather-related phenomenon, B) bruised kiester = physical ailment, therefore A+B=C (and C for the record means that slipping on ice and bruising one's kiester meets both criteria).
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Yes it should.
    A) Ice = weather-related phenomenon, B) bruised kiester = physical ailment, therefore A+B=C (and C for the record means that slipping on ice and bruising one's kiester meets both criteria).
    I'd say it counts. Just like my back pain from chopping wood in preparation for bad weather.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    I'd say it counts. Just like my back pain from chopping wood in preparation for bad weather.
    No, that shouldn't count. You could chop wood any time of the year........although come to think of it, I suppose you wouldn't BE chopping wood in the first place if bad weather never came. Therefore, you could make the argument that bad weather was certainly a contributory factor to the ailment.

How about hayfever? I get that every fall.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM
  2. Physical planning: art skills?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Jul 2007, 9:24 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 Jun 2007, 8:05 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last post: 15 Aug 2006, 1:02 PM