Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thanksgiving for a newbie

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNL View post
    I'm going to my first ever Thanksgiving celebration at my friend's place this week (she's from Kansas). Thanksgiving is not traditionally celebrated here. She doesn't want us to bring anything, but I'd like to if there is something little (and traditional) that I could take, maybe to remind her (and my other friend from Virginia) of home. Any ideas?? What are traditional foods for Thanksgiving?
    Whatever your do, you can't have a REAL traditional USA-style thanksgiving without a couple of NFL games on the TV! Get them via a satellite feed or even a DVD/tape or two and play them during the afternoon.

And then don't forget to set the alarm clock for 0300 the following morning to get the jump on the big after-Thanksgiving sales.

Mike

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by JNL View post
    I asked my friend which part she is from and she replied: "Ulysses, Kansas. It is in the very southwest corner of the
    state. (the best part )."
    I went through Ulysses on my way to New Mexico to go skiing last Christmas. But alas, I have no family in Ulysses. Best part of the state? You must be drinking.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 28
    Last post: 29 Nov 2011, 10:47 AM
  2. Thanksgiving 2009
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 61
    Last post: 27 Nov 2009, 10:17 PM
  3. Thanksgiving - 2008
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 90