Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Let's Go To The Mall!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Let's Go To The Mall!

Yeah, I know the YouTube thread is dead, but this is too good to pass up.

Robin Sparkles sings "Let's Go To The Mall!" There's a higher quality version on MySpace.

Come’on Jessica, come’on Tori
    Let’s go to the mall, you won’t be sooohrry
    Put on your jelly bracelets
    And your cool graffiti coat
    At the mall having fun is what it’s all about
    The parody video was featured on a recent episode of How I Met Your Mother on CBS. The video was supposedly filmed in the 90s, "because the Eighties didn't hit Canada until like '93."

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    OK, Dan.....we see what you are doing.....checking to see if our new mods will ban (red flag / yellow flag / etc. flag) posts that are way over acceptable boundaries.

So far, they are flunking the test.

(That vid was horrible.)

Bear & Franklin Park Shoppingtowne
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jun 2004
    i saw that on that on "How i Met Your Mother". that was one of the character's secrets. She was a teen pop star from canada.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I hate the mall and will not be going tomorrow.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Bear! Its Westfield's Frankin Park Shoppingtowne! My first trip to Franklin Park I was probably about 18 or 19 in 1984 or 1985. We went to Portside (I suppose that verifies the year), then out to the Toledo Museum of Art and to hit some bars. We had time to kill in the early evening, so we asked the barteneder at Shooter's in Portside what we can do, and her sent us to Northtowne and Franklin Park, both were really bustling places back then. Now only Franklin Park bustles.

We were thrown out of the CJ Barrymore's somewhere by Franklin Park when they realized that we were acting like kids and drinking like fish.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Weekend holiday shoppers who don't want to walk from one end of Fayette Mall to the other or who can't find a parking space near the mall stores they want to go to have a new way to get around the shopping center. On Fridays and Saturdays, starting this Friday, they can take a LexTran bus. The mall has contracted with the Lexington Transit Authority to have a bus circulate on mall property from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 23. The service is free. About a dozen bus stops, marked by colorful signs, will be at mall and department store entrances and near the Cinemark theater. "We have pretty high hopes for it," Fayette Mall manager Myron Worley said. "We're pretty interested to see how things work out." LexTran spokesman Dave Riggins said the holiday mall bus is a first for the local bus system.

------

In addition to the traffic report, during the holiday season radio stations around here have parking lot reports letting you know what percentage of spaces are open at the various mega-malls.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Shopping mall
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 06 Jul 2010, 12:00 PM
  2. Not another strip mall
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 14 Mar 2005, 2:51 PM
  3. Mall redevelopment
    Economic and Community Development