Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Does anyone here in NY allowed to have pets in their college dorms?

Registered
    Nov 2006

Does anyone here in NY allowed to have pets in their college dorms?

Does anyone here have pets in their college dorms because you are allowed to or do you just have them even if they aren't allowed?

**EDIT:Is anyone here, not does anyone here. Sorry.
    Last edited by Knuxxz; 07 Nov 2006 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

Registered
    Feb 2006
    hey dude what college are you in at new york i want to move there soo bad
    i need more urban

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Knuxxz View post
    Does anyone here have pets in their college dorms because you are allowed to or do you just have them even if they aren't allowed?

**EDIT:Is anyone here, not does anyone here. Sorry.
    I worked as a resident assistant at a college for three years that had a rule against most pets. Did people on my floor have them anyway? Yes. I left it alone as long as they didn't cause trouble and they understood that if they were caught by someone else, they had only had it a week or so and that I had no knowledge of it. The only times I said "no" were for cats and dogs. The building was on a central air circulation system, so any pet hair/dander would get distributed throughout the building and affect others with allergies.

A lot of universities have a rule that allows things that live in an aquarium such as fish, turtles, frogs, guinea pigs, lizzards and non-venomous snakes. My guess is that this is most likely the case at the NY universities. You could probably look up each school's residence department to get the scoop on their particular rules. The pet question probably shows up as a FAQ for propsective students on their residential website.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Dressing up your pets
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 10:44 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 09 Aug 2006, 9:30 PM
  3. Fieldwork Pets
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 May 2004, 3:34 PM