Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Glossary of urban infrastructure maintenance - English, French, Spanish

Registered
    Jul 2003

Glossary of urban infrastructure maintenance - English, French, Spanish

I tripped across this on yourdictionary.com: Glossary of Urban Infrastructure Maintenance - A Worldbank Glossary: English, French, Spanish

I did a search of Cyburbia's Resource Directory and didn't find this. Knowing me, the title needs work, it is possibly in the wrong subforum, and, naturally no one will reply to it. But wanted to post it before I forgot and all that.

Registered
    Aug 2006

Danke schön!

Keep it coming!
    "That guy handles the puck like a cow handles a gun!" - Mike Lange

Registered
    Feb 2003

PDF Link *Warning*

The document is a good resource despite its age. It says 1987 - 20 years old now! While a hyperlinked website glossary would be ideal, I am glad the PDF is searchable. Its now saved, and Google's index will do its thing
    Need to know the Spanish equivalent of "aggregate" - this is the source! Thanks!
    Actually, I have translated several planning documents into Spanish, and the right technical terms... well.. aren't right up there in my brain. Useful link!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by chasqui View post
    The document is a good resource despite its age. It says 1987 - 20 years old now! While a hyperlinked website glossary would be ideal, I am glad the PDF is searchable. Its now saved, and Google's index will do its thing
    Need to know the Spanish equivalent of "aggregate" - this is the source! Thanks!
    Actually, I have translated several planning documents into Spanish, and the right technical terms... well.. aren't right up there in my brain. Useful link!
    I speak conversational German but would not be remotely prepared to translate anything technical (actually, I have trouble following the News in German ). So I kinda know what you mean.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    One thing I'd like to do with PlanningWiki (and I just bought the more advanced MediaWiki integration software yesterday), is to have a cross-reference of different planning terms in English speaking countries. For instance, a lot in the US is an erf in South Africa, billboards in some countries are called hoardings, and so on. Really, an international glossary of planning-related terms.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Dec 2013, 2:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 Jun 2013, 11:10 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 27 Dec 2008, 10:12 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Apr 2008, 11:05 PM
  5. Rural v. Urban infrastructure
    Design, Space, and Place