Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 145 of 193 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4812

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 2

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Here's an idea for management at my office:

Next time there is a water main break in the area and our building is without water, DO NOT SEND MASS EMAILS TO TELL PEOPLE - this only produces a strong urge in us to need to pee, no matter what we felt like before this knowledge was given to us.

Next time, just post a flyer on the rest room doors and let us find out individually that we need to drive down the street or to McDonald's (or find a deserted spot in the bushes out back).

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Baby Star had is 2 month check-up today. He is 13lbs 12oz and is 24" long. He also had to get 5 vaccination shots today, and he took it like a champ. He cried during the sticking, then settle down immediately after.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star View post
    Baby Star had is 2 month check-up today. He is 13lbs 12oz and is 24" long. He also had to get 5 vaccination shots today, and he took it like a champ. He cried during the sticking, then settle down immediately after.
    how did Mommy Star do with the shots? I've heard that moms sometimes take it harder.

we need more pix of baby star and the rest of cyburbian babies.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    how did Mommy Star do with the shots? I've heard that moms sometimes take it harder.

we need more pix of baby star and the rest of cyburbian babies.

Mommy Star hid behind me, while I held Baby Star down for the nurse. I'll try and get some pix. up this weekend. I haven't mastered posting pix. on these boards.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Shots were always harder on me than on mini-me. I used to wait outside the room.

I have an interview tomorrow with a law firm Let's see if it will be my lucky day.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    star...you reminded me.....

mendelboy pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Luke Pic 8_22_07 6.jpg   Luke pic 8_22_07 8.jpg  

s41290ca107458_13.jpg   s41290ca107458_16.jpg  

I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Yeah... baby pics. I wanna see more.

Oh, I hate watching my daughter get shots. And it only gets harder the older they get, cause they are more aware.

When she got her flu shot last year she was young enough that they gave it to her in two half doses. So, the first time she was happily playing with waiting room toys, they call her name, she's still happy, as we follow the nurse down the hall. And then Pow, she's screaming and crying buckets. A week later I took her for the second dose. And as soon as they called her name she started crying and screaming "but I'm not sick! but I'm not sick!" Ohhh, it broke my heart.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post

mendelboy pics!
    Cheap bastard. The kid has only one shirt?

Time to start a fund to buy the kid some clothes.

Cute kid....
    Annoyingly insensitive

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post

Cute kid....
    Same pants too.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post

Cute kid....
    Hey...he's a planner in the making with the blue shirt and khaki pants! Cute as a button too!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Just finished another TV interview. Why must the reporters be so young and hot?

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Because thats the way god wants it!!!!!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Trophy Wife Randoms

Trophy Wife Random.....I already have one of them thar trophy wives. (Did I say it right, dear?)

Touch Of Autumn Random.....Temperatures in NW Ohio do not speak of Autumn.....but I am seeing a few leaves starting to change colors. Last month when I was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I noticed some color change. I anxiously await cooler nights.

Industrial Engineering Random.....Anybody out there in Cyburbialand ever study or get involved in any kind of industrial enginnering? An interesting topic, especially because decisions to follow these concepts can involve the health and well-being of workers, the bottom-line for corporations, the sanity of a Human Resource professional, the visible culture at a business, the influence of outsiders (aka union, etc.).

Quick lesson: The IE studies the process of making a part on a machine for an 8-hour day. Every single move made by the machine operator is studied, such as the distance the right arm and hand moves to grab the part, the elevation that the part is lifted to, the weight of the part, the timing of when both hands hit the palm buttons to engage the machine, the time it takes the left hand and arm to grab the punched part and move it to another location. Included in the calculations are time, distance, weight, number of pieces per/hour, fatigue factors, etc.

I mention this because in my business I touch on this topic.....and it scares the hexx out of a lot of folks.

Feels Like A Number Random.....Inserted this random phrase just to show I MAY have a heart.

Opera Random.....I like most types of music. I was never much of an opera fan, though. I respect those big-voiced folks for their vocal strength and beauty....just not my bag.

Bugs Bunny Random.....Since I am culturally-wacked I CAN recall some quality opera.....the Bugs Bunny episode where Elmer Fudd sings "....who killed the rabbit?.....".

Mendelman Random.....Great looking kid. You do good work.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Touch Of Autumn Random.....Temperatures in NW Ohio do not speak of Autumn.....but I am seeing a few leaves starting to change colors. Last month when I was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I noticed some color change. I anxiously await cooler nights.
    I noticed a steady cooler breeze coming off the shore today when I went outside rather than the humid heat that had taken up residence. I am noticing some very slight color changes in the trees that I see on my commute.

Industrial Engineering Random.....Quick lesson: The IE studies the process of making a part on a machine for an 8-hour day. Every single move made by the machine operator is studied, such as the distance the right arm and hand moves to grab the part, the elevation that the part is lifted to, the weight of the part, the timing of when both hands hit the palm buttons to engage the machine, the time it takes the left hand and arm to grab the punched part and move it to another location. Included in the calculations are time, distance, weight, number of pieces per/hour, fatigue factors, etc.
    Me no....but I worked in an assembly plant and we had IE's there who worked hard to make it easier for assemble product and avoid repetitive injury. They were a good bunch always taking into consideration what we had to say about current/proposed changes.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Rumpy, ZG and I put in a shift last night and I feel like crap this morning. To paraphrase donk, my liver hurts a little bit this morning. The Starbucks is helping...
    Good thing it's Friday.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Industrial Engineering Random.....Anybody out there in Cyburbialand ever study or get involved in any kind of industrial enginnering?
    My father worked for a number of years as an IE before he got into industrial mgmt. Did the time-motion studies and the whole nine yards for Dow. The fact that my introduction to the field was through a parent pretty well guaranteed as a young man that I'd never consider the field as a career choice.

I confess, however, that the subject of industrial psychology interests me quite a bit....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005

mendelboy pics!

yay!! babies! very cute. love his little outfit.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Nov 2003

mendelboy pics!
    I think we have that same bouncy seat. I'll try and get some pix up this weekend. We don't have any professional shots yet.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star View post
    I'll try and get some pix up this weekend. We don't have any professional shots yet.
    no professional shots necessary. all we need to see are some chubby cheeks!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Oh where oh where has the Jaxspa gone?

Too much commuting and traveling to slack now I reckon...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    no professional shots necessary. all we need to see are some chubby cheeks!
    I could take this in so many directions......I'm having joke overload.....must focus....

I gotta pair. Wanna see those?
    I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by michiganplanner View post
    I could take this in so many directions......I'm having joke overload.....must focus....

I gotta pair. Wanna see those?
    i figured it was a loaded statement.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    To start off this Friday, I got up at 4 am to replace a battery in the smoke alarm that decided to start chirping in the middle of the night. Of course, I was too awake to go back to sleep...

Then, due to my rising early, I was hungry for lunch earlier than normal, so I warmed up a soup in a community bowl. Turns out the clown that last ate out of the bowl decided to not rinse all the soap off thus making my chicken noodle taste like soap.

What a day. I am going to check out a new modernist development in town (that I helped approve) and see what the inside of the units look like.
    Then I will have to "RJ" and head home early. No pool, but I'll set up a chair in the driveway and see who stops by.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Then, due to my rising early, I was hungry for lunch earlier than normal, so I warmed up a soup in a community bowl. Turns out the clown that last ate out of the bowl decided to not rinse all the soap off thus making my chicken noodle taste like soap.
    EWWWWWWWW for the soap taste and the idea of sharing a bowl with the people in my office. That's akin to sharing a toothbrush with a stranger.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Turns out the clown that last ate out of the bowl decided to not rinse all the soap off thus making my chicken noodle taste like soap.
    Had the same problem here with water glasses and coffee cups. I now keep one each in my desk that I personally wash, RINSE, & dry.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Closed thread
Page 145 of 193 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  3. Replies: 5562
    Last post: 01 Jan 2011, 12:01 AM
  4. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM