Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 183 of 193 FirstFirst ... 173 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4812

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 2

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    I don't think I'll be getting one of these anytime soon...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../HOMVTLDQB.DTL

OK, fess up, which 1/3 of you take a dump in front of your SO?
    I don't know how many of you grew up with one bathroom homes but you loose that sense of privacy really early. Since being married, I have also lived in a number of one bathroom homes. We try to grant the other some time alone but it is almost impossible in the morning getting ready. Although, I would not ever purchase a toilet for two.
    I would just asoon save water showering together....
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B View post
    I don't know how many of you grew up with one bathroom homes but you loose that sense of privacy really early. Since being married, I have also lived in a number of one bathroom homes. We try to grant the other some time alone but it is almost impossible in the morning getting ready. Although, I would not ever purchase a toilet for two.
    I think a two person toilet is dumb. Like you, most of the apartments and one of the houses I've lived in have had one bathroom so inevitably privacy is compromised fairly quickly. All bets were off when I had a kid, she used to scream when you closed the bathroom door on her and then would try to get in or be peeking under the door. Saving water by showering together is way better than sharing a toilet by far.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I can always tell when ZG has a craving for onion soup: there's a bag of onions on the kitchen island. Dinner was continental this evening: French onion soup and creme brulee.

It was 81 degrees F this afternoon by the pool. Windows still open. Ceiling fans blowing. Check the date: Dec. 9. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Similar forecast for tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I can always tell when ZG has a craving for onion soup: there's a bag of onions on the kitchen island. Dinner was continental this evening: French onion soup and creme brulee.

It was 81 degrees F this afternoon by the pool. Windows still open. Ceiling fans blowing. Check the date: Dec. 9. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Similar forecast for tomorrow.
    I think that is great but to be home bound by a thin layer of ice with a beautiful fire burning has it's draw also!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002

Looks like soup, tastes like.....

Every now and then Ma Nature sends a little reminder that humans aren't always at the top of the food chain:

"Now I know what a goldfish feels like when the cat is staring in its bowl," Todd said.
    Cougar Nearly Joins SD Woman in Hot Tub
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Speaking of soup... I made some really good soup the other day. It was based on a recipe I had for a tomato-orzo soup, but I made a few changes, adding a diced red bell pepper and using a couple cans of fire-roasted tomatoes instead of boring ol' crushed tomatoes, which added a delicious smoky flavor. MMMM MMMM good.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Soup?

Did all you soup eaters get a free hat too?

(note: I tried and failed to insert the wav file for that caddyshack scene with the hat and soup)
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    There have been threats made that allude to a school shooting potentially occurring at my college (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...i_tab01_layout). As a result, they shut campus down today. But, if this is real, who's to say the shooters aren't going to just reschedule for tomorrow? Just what we all need to be thinking about during finals week.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Well, it's only my first day officially off of work, and I already feel unproductive. Blah.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    SP, what happened?

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    SP, what happened?
    I quit.

I've decided to take another opportunity out-of-state in a different field. I left myself some extra time to handle things before I move, especially since the holiday season results in so many places (like my mechanic) taking time off.

Unfortunately, I'm now waiting for people to call me back, or just waiting for appointments to handle things, and I hate sitting around. Not that I'm really for lack of things to do, there's a ton of cleaning, packing, etc. to be done, but it's just so... overwhelming.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by SuperPenguin View post
    I quit.

I've decided to take another opportunity out-of-state in a different field. I left myself some extra time to handle things before I move, especially since the holiday season results in so many places (like my mechanic) taking time off.

Unfortunately, I'm now waiting for people to call me back, or just waiting for appointments to handle things, and I hate sitting around. Not that I'm really for lack of things to do, there's a ton of cleaning, packing, etc. to be done, but it's just so... overwhelming.
    Good luck on the new endeavor. Sometimes you just have to say f**k it and follow your dream. I know, because I have done it.

Packing? I HATE packing, which is what I will be doing between Christmas and January 19th when everything goes to storage for a few months while I (and my daughter) go on a tour of South Asia in an international planning study abroad program sponsored by Ball State University. Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and Sri Lanka are on the menu and I hope to spend a couple of days in London on our way back to the U.S. C'mon January 20!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2004

I would sue!

Quote Originally posted by Queen B View post
    If I were the writer of this SNL sketch from a decade ago......I'd be pissed....er....ah.....I mean I'd have taken a dump after seeing this "new" invention.......ahh.......yeah, you get the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJusdV8A494
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Aug 2005
    new avatar!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    new avatar!
    I prefer Donald.

Registered
    Aug 2005

how 'bout those Steelers?

Hey TOFB, I knew you'd say that!

GO PATRIOT's

hahahahaha

no, no, it's not about revenge, oh no! horrors!

Guar-an-tee chant in the stands last weekend was classic

...must...not...trash...talk...this week...against...Mangina, I mean Mangini...

Okay, I'll stop, I promise, really, I will, I'll be good, at least until next Monday...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    repaying student loans sucks. it is amazing how such seemingly small numbers can add up to a GIGANTIC amount.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Hey TOFB, I knew you'd say that!

GO PATRIOT's

Cheaters...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Cheaters...
    Hater...you are just jealous!
    Satellite City Enabler

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    Hater...you are just jealous!
    I'm surprised there's enough room for all of you on that bandwagon.

Registered
    Sep 2007
    My Grandma died last Tuesday. She was 91 and my last grandparent. I can't be too sad because she was a go getter to the end, looking and acting much younger. She was always smiling, and I'll miss her.

It was interesting catching up with people I hadn't seen in two decades. There were tears and laughter, but much, much more laughter. We're a pretty happy lot overall.
    Navy collier
    USS Cyclops

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Thank you Captain Worley for reminding me what really matters - it's funny how now that my Dad has died I am more sensitized when someone tells me their parent/grandparent died - it takes me back and aback - empathy is an amazing thing - I'm really sorry for your loss and I am happy her death made your reunion so sweet!

...and as for you Mastiff - if we cheated, then how come we are undefeated after he was busted (by an ungrateful, jealous, SOB who can't cut it as a coach former employee of Belicek, I will add...no clean hands here) - even Don Shula has shut up now that his precious Dolphins remain defeated (though the irony would not be lost if their only winning game this season was in 2 weeks)...

Quote Originally posted by Captain Worley View post
    My Grandma died last Tuesday. She was 91 and my last grandparent. I can't be too sad because she was a go getter to the end, looking and acting much younger. She was always smiling, and I'll miss her.

It was interesting catching up with people I hadn't seen in two decades. There were tears and laughter, but much, much more laughter. We're a pretty happy lot overall.
    Sorry for your loss, CW. This will be my first x-mas without my parents -- mom passed away this summer -- and it hasn't been real easy getting into the christmas spirit. Thank heavens for my two kids -- I've been able to catch a little of the magic of christmas through them.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Thoughts & Prayers with ya Captain W
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

I'm surprised there's enough room for all of you on that bandwagon.
    I'm on the Bandwagon!

Closed thread
Page 183 of 193 FirstFirst ... 173 182 183 184 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  3. Replies: 5562
    Last post: 01 Jan 2011, 12:01 AM
  4. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM