+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Super Bowl

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Da Bearz!!!!
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    The latest prop bet for the Super Bowl:

How long will it take Billy Joel to sing the National Anthem? Over/Under 1 minute 44 seconds.

Yep - folks are actually placing money on this one...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Indy Wins

Prediction: Indianapolis 24 - Chicago 10

Prediction made at 10:22 AM EST Super Bowl Sunday. What's the chance of this Bear grabbing a flight and taking it to the western edge of the International Date Line, picking up the final score (via shortwave. perhaps?), and posting the score as a PREDICTION, with a time stamp that is BEFORE the game? I need a drink.

It really doesn't matter to me who wins. The middle-of-the-night move by the Colts (years ago) should make me mad.....it doesn't.....an owner should be able to move his team wherever he wants to move it. The way he did it, though.....makes even a gentle ole' Bear want to turn angry and.....years later.....root against the Colts.

I like Peyton Manning.....he is very good and it is always nice to see a man win a ring in a storied career. OTHO.....his whiny brother......hrmph......

Da Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Why is it people who don't watch a football game all year are suddenly experts when it comes to the Super Bowl

Shut up and watch the game already.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    King B brought home a projector from school and we had a big wall size screen to watch. It was pretty cool! I can't wait to watch a movie that way. just like the theatre only you can stop and go to the bathroom...
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

futbol, you bet

oh, was there a game yesterday?

we had some Brazilian friends over for dinner who watch futbol so we didn't even turn it on....

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown does not help your chances of winning (see OSU and Bears lowlight films). Glad it was a 'good' game.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I'm not a fan of either team, I root for God's team, yes the Packers! (for the record)

There is no reason why Rex Grossman should be the starting QB for the Bears next year. His performance last night was TERRIBLE and he should have been named MVP for the Colts. Easily one of the worst starting QBs in Super Bowl history. Good news for the Bears is that Jeff Garcia is a free agent next year.

his stat line:

20-28 passing, 165 yards, 1td, 2 INT, 2 fumbles.
    Last edited by cmavis; 05 Feb 2007 at 9:52 AM. Reason: stat line
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription...is more cowbell!" - Bruce Dickinson

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I feel like the Saints were avenged last night. Peyton may play for another team, but he's still a native and he brought it home for us.

Did anyone else think that the commercials were subpar this year?
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Decent Game... all the turnovers made it interesting thanks to the rain.

Half time ... Prince was horrible, more like "Purple Pain" than "Purple Rain"

Commercials ... worst ever!
    Last edited by Tide; 05 Feb 2007 at 12:16 PM.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Brief Postmortem.

This years Super Bowl wasn't all that super.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella View post

Did anyone else think that the commercials were subpar this year?
    Yes I did, nothing really made our group laugh out loud... only close items we the Rock, Paper, Siccors from Budweiser and the animals trying to use a real mouse for Blockbuster, otherwise yawn

Did anyone catch on Prince's halftime show when he raised the curtain and did it in shadow form...a part of his guitar was placed in an 'appropriate' position.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by cmavis View post
    I'm not a fan of either team, I root for God's team, yes the Packers! (for the record)

There is no reason why Rex Grossman should be the starting QB for the Bears next year. His performance last night was TERRIBLE and he should have been named MVP for the Colts. Easily one of the worst starting QBs in Super Bowl history. Good news for the Bears is that Jeff Garcia is a free agent next year.

his stat line:

20-28 passing, 165 yards, 1td, 2 INT, 2 fumbles.
    I just *KNEW* that he'd come through in the clutch again!

Now, with Grossman likely out next season, how many starting QBs will the Bears have gone through during Brett Favre's tenure?

Interesting aside here, an item for the annual Beloit College poll - in the minds of 2007's incoming university freshmen, Brett Favre has always been the Packers' starting QB - they have no direct memory of anyone else (they were 2YO when Don Majkowski went down with that injury and Favre, his backup QB, went in and rallied the Packers to a comeback win vs the Bengals, started the next game and hasn't missed a start since).

Mike
    Last edited by mgk920; 05 Feb 2007 at 12:42 PM.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Hmmm, I thought Prince was great. Better than the Stones last year (and yes I am a fan) and lots of fun. Surprised to hear anything bad about that performance. Now the Bears.......

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyburbia Super Bowl
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 6:00 PM
  2. Super Bowl Ad favorites ?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 07 Feb 2012, 5:38 PM
  3. Super Bowl