+ Reply to thread

Thread: Walmart Does a Good Thing

Registered
    Jul 1998

Walmart Does a Good Thing

I heard a presentation by our recycling coordinator, and he mentioned this:

http://www.walmartstores.com/GlobalW...te.do?catg=677

I had not heard this before.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    That's a step in the right direction. I wonder what impact it will have on this Chinese billionaire.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Speaking of Walmart- I have a ribbon cutting at the new SuperWalmart tomorrow at 7:30 am. The better half is absolutely busting a gut. To be honest, I think it will help my community, plus I've mellowed toward the big W. Hey, if you want to shop there, go for it. We periodically do so ourselves.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Speaking of Walmart- I have a ribbon cutting at the new SuperWalmart tomorrow at 7:30 am. The better half is absolutely busting a gut. To be honest, I think it will help my community, plus I've mellowed toward the big W. Hey, if you want to shop there, go for it. We periodically do so ourselves.
    One thing I miss is the low prices of food at Wal-Mart, my dollar sure went further there and I didn't have to always look in the paper for the specials each week. None of the Wal Marts near me in NJ have the full grocery store in them although there is one that sells a good amount of dry goods, freezer goods, milk, eggs, and bread. I know that there are a lot of people principally opposed to what Wal Mart does and while I can sympathize with that when every dollar counts you have to go where it goes the farthest.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

The down side is when they leave that location
    I have driven by an empty Wal Mart and right across the street is a Super Wal Mart Not one of my clients
    I have been hired by communities to provide options to other empty "big box" buildings. It takes a lot of creativity to get the building filled, and providing tax dollars and employment, instead of being a blight with no jobs. So far in addition to providing creativity I have been lucky in providing solutions

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Sarcasm: An Evolutionary Good Thing
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 02 Mar 2012, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Aug 2008, 9:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 14 Aug 2008, 11:23 AM
  4. Lady Driven... is that a good thing?
    Friday Afternoon Club