Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Disadvantaged business enterprises (DBE) programs

Registered
    Feb 2000

Disadvantaged business enterprises (DBE) programs

I'm working on our first Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program since we have an airport project that meets the funding threshold to need one. Have any of you worked on a DBE before. What formula did you use to come up with your goal? How often do you update it? Do you get results from following the program? Is this just a red tape hoop?
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Before you reinvent the wheel, check other projects (public university construction/interstate reconstruction/ et cetera) in your area and see what percentages they affixed as goals. Adjust as needed. Failing that, get help.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Before you reinvent the wheel, check other projects (public university construction/interstate reconstruction/ et cetera) in your area and see what percentages they affixed as goals. Adjust as needed. Failing that, get help.
    Yep, I've done that and the examples that I've found are full of repetitive fluff that I plan on editing out for our purposes. I'll be using the KISS principle on this one.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 16 Jul 2012, 4:59 PM
  2. Going in to business for yourself
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 04 Feb 2009, 2:33 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last post: 27 Oct 2008, 3:32 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 May 1996, 8:37 PM