Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hotels in Philly for Brownfields 2011?

Registered
    Oct 2010

Hotels in Philly for Brownfields 2011?

I hope this post isn't too work-related for this forum, but I wasn't sure where else to put it...

I am about to make hotel reservations for the April Brownfields conference, and now must choose between 5 hotels. Being a planner (and possibly a little obsessive as well), I feel the need to thoroughly research the alternatives before committing. The hotels are:

Mariott Downtown
    Courtyard Downtown
    Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
    Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
    Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
    Loews Philadelphia Hotel

Any thoughts? (They all cost the same)

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Marriott. Good things have always happened to me at Marriott hotels. Plus it's fun to hear the staff and guests pronounce the name of the hotel in four different ways. That's all I have to contribute, and if you find it disappointing, you should try being my supervisor. Have a good time at the conference.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and the Sheraton. Both were good experiences.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I once stayed at a travelodge by the PHI airport in essington. I can not recommend that unless you like barb wire, having to have the maintenance man kick in your door then tell you to use the chain because the lock is broke, threadbare sheets/linens, drapes, being work by various low-lifes banging on your door wanting to sell you drugs, sex, or god-know-what (mind you the only thing keeping them out is a chain on the door), and police going through cube-vans parked outside your window at 4 am.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Brownfields 2008: Detroit
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 18 Apr 2008, 12:03 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 12 Feb 2006, 1:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 14 Sep 2004, 4:03 PM
  4. Brownfields Cleanup Plans
    Economic and Community Development