Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Undergraduate Courses In Progress for Grad School Application

Undergraduate Courses In Progress for Grad School Application

Does it really matter what courses I'm taking right now? since the graduate committee won't know those marks until after their decision

In particular, I already have my undergrad degree and am taking the second semester of the introductory Statistics course. (I barely passed the first portion of Introductory Statistics in my first year, but am confident I can do much better now that I won't make the same mistakes as I did first year undergrad)

Would I be better off taking Statistics (for which they won't know how well I'm doing, and I would probably need to take at the grad level anyway), or take another course? ...unless having a Statistics 'course in progress' makes me a better Master's candidate.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Gkorstad Staegenheim View post
    Does it really matter what courses I'm taking right now? since the graduate committee won't know those marks until after their decision

In particular, I already have my undergrad degree and am taking the second semester of the introductory Statistics course. (I barely passed the first portion of Introductory Statistics in my first year, but am confident I can do much better now that I won't make the same mistakes as I did first year undergrad)

Would I be better off taking Statistics (for which they won't know how well I'm doing, and I would probably need to take at the grad level anyway), or take another course? ...unless having a Statistics 'course in progress' makes me a better Master's candidate.
    Hi! I just noticed your post. I think that even if you don't have marks for Stats when admissions decisions are made, it will prove useful after you're admitted. After admission, most schools will waive their Stats requirement if they see that you already have it. So your efforts will pay off!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Aug 2013, 7:00 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 16 May 2011, 12:43 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 13 Jun 2010, 5:24 PM
  4. Replies: 68
    Last post: 17 Jul 2009, 12:53 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Aug 2006, 7:24 AM